Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

New car, new to the forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zander924  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: New car, new to the forum Reply with quote

Hey guys, im new to this forum. Long story short, my dad has given me and my brother and 80 924 turbo, as he no longer wants to spend the time and money on it. we since bought a parts car to take the engine trans and torque tube out of it since his car grinds second and loses oil pressure within minutes of warming up. Looking to make this car a weekend car, with hopes of doing some mods to it. Everything ive read up says the biggest gain is a FMIC, along with upping the boost. now i know the euro spec cars made more power than the north american spec cars, does anyone know any major differences between them? from what ive read, it was mainly all basic tuning.

how do i post pics on the forum?
if im posting things wrong on the forum or doing anything i should let me know!
Alex
fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil pressure problem could be the sender, they fail pretty easily along with the requisite poor grounds in the dash and in the engine bay. Verify with a known good mechanical oil pressure gauge before Harding the motor out as that will lead to a ton of "while you're in there work"

Transaxle can be repaired with a refresh kit and some effort. Some prefer to keep the dogleg box as it is stronger and helps keep the car's value. Don't forget that your need the shift linkage and torsion bar carrier as they are different between the dogleg and Audi gearboxes.

an intercooler will certainly help, but keep in mind how the CIS system works and that the plumbing will be more challenging motivated because of that.

The euro cars had slightly more compression ratio as they could get higher octane gas more easily and the emissions requirements weren't as stringent at the time. There's more details available on the sister site: http://924.org and over on Flussig Magazine's website among others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: