Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

LS1 Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DEMAND VIDEO NOW!
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fine tuning a few things... Like steering
Anyone found the turbo tie rods have different measurements for short and long ends of the rack?? I've never had an issue before but for the life of me with 13mm shouldered ends I cant get the magical 65mm without it seeming like the tie rod is almost at the end of the short end rack thread?? Theres only 20mm of depth in the rod end... I seem to end up at 50mm if its theeaded all the way in, so winding it out to 65mm means it sits on 5mm of thread... This cant be right...
Anyway changing to 14mm heim joints at the rod ends with 3mm washers pretty much gives me a flat tie rod...
Did a basic string line front toe alignement and set camber to max... Im shit at trig... also fixed my compressor and pumped up the ol tyres...
Also somethings wrong with the eps ecu, cant remember if I removed the torque sensor on the bench so need to investigate further,
Video might be good ol iphone from the dash eh... Or do you want an engine vid too?
Hopefully Sunday I can get it on the road for another spin
Also Rasta have you done a torsion bar for dummies,
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modified casing Wilwood 25mm clutch master, used some 10mm ally to box it in and mount it to the original studs on the firewall... The pushrod was longer than I needed and a stupid imperial thread... Needless to say a couple of nuts welded to the original clevis made an easy enough fix...
Also replaced the torque sensor for the epas,
If your trolling evay and are buying from a certain hobby shop in melbourne be warned they sold me a faulty unit and would not accept a return, fkn *unts is all I have to say about that, didn't even bench test the unit before selling it...

RC  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How`s things going Stu?
Any updates with this beast?

Allan @ DTA wrote:
I have no issue with superchargers, they are for guys who want to drive a car rather than talk about horsepower with their baseball cap on backwards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: