Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Rear Defroster Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitragorz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Rear Defroster Question Reply with quote

Hey guys. I picked up a 1980 924 off a buddy for pretty cheap. It wasn't running, but a new fuel pump changed that quickly.

Anyway, one of the few problems this car has is with the defroster. The guy that owned it before my buddy rewired the defroster to bypass the fuse. My buddy had since disconnected the switch completely due to a short in the system. The only reason I can think of for the PO bypassing the fuse is because he kept blowing it. A stupid fix, but the only reason I can think of...

I gave the "Rear Defrost Diagnosis/Repair" section of the Technical Section a read and saw the little bit about the L and R struts not being swappable. The R strut needs to be on the R side, and the L on the L.

Well, replacing the struts was one of the things I did to this car. Got them from Advance Auto. I don't recall any blatant differences between the two, but I do remember having to twist the heads around so that the terminals were on top, so the wire off the window would reach it.

How can I tell if the correct strut is on the correct side? I suppose I could have mixed them up by having to tweak them a little bit.

I'd rather not perform a "blown fuse" process-of-elimination test!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: