Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

help with my 87 924s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baker87  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently rebuilt my engine on my 924s and having problems putting the hoses from my intake back together. There are a few hoses I am not sure of like the 12v box that is underneath the intake pipes and to the check valve on the brake booster and so on. Also I do not know what that box is underneath the intake pipes is called. It says 12v Germany on it and has an inlet and outlet. Im not sure which hoses go on it. Also there is a cluster of wires underneath the intake pipes. One harness goes to the top of the engine which is blue, one goes to the throttle body. One to the 12v box under the intake pipes, a female clip that goes to the top of the engine and one to the airflow sensor. There is one remaining between the airflow and the throttle body. I cannot find its location. Can you please help. Is it just a test harness? Please E-mail me with anything you can find @ venomjenny@aol.com. Thank you,

baker87
gohim  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first law when taking something apart is to take notes, and make drawings as you take it apart, so you can reassemble it correctly.

I will never understand while/how people can take something as complexed as an engine with electronic ignition apart, and expect to be able to reassemble it correctly days, weeks, months later.

You need a copy of the Factory Workshop Service Manual. With it, you would be able to reconnect the engine without additional drawings.

With that said, I would not mind trying to help you figure out where everything goes, provided you send more information about each hose or cable that you need to reconnect. For instance: if a hose: how long is it, what diameter, what color, what does it carry, if any of the ends are connected, where and to what it/they are connected to. If it is a cable, or part of a wiring harness: where does it come from or where does it originate, how many individual wires are in the cable, what are the color/s of the wires in the cable, what is the shape of the plastic connector and how many conacts is the connector made for (enven if not all of the contacts are installed), if any, how long is it from the originating location that you describe to the end/ends of the cable?

My 87 924S is sitting here is the garage waiting for me to assemble the replacement engine for it, and since I am asemmbling a replacement block, my engine compartment is still intact. This would make it fairly easy for me to trace the hoses and wires that you are asking about, if I could figure out which ones you are asking about.

I can make guesses about some of the ones that you are asking about, without even going out to the garage, but to make sure, I would need more information.

I can't make any sense out of some of the partial descriptions and vague queetions that you are asking.

[ This Message was edited by: gohim on 2002-08-17 08:07 ]
afenn  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a couple of days and I can scan in the diagram out of the factory manuals for you. I just replaced all of those lines myself and found these diagrams to be extremely useful.

Andrew
baker87  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for anything that you can do for me. I have been looking everywhere for information and I don't want to spring $200 for the workshop manuals. Thanks again,
Baker87
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: