Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Exhaust suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apex Killer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to upgrade the exhasut on my '87. It already has the Bursch header. I was thinking about going to a Supertrapp but it seems that the company is offering very little anymore. so I am looking for some suggestions of what to buy. I am just looking for a muffler, I do the mandrel bending and install myself. The car will be used for some light autocross and NASA open track days.
baker87  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Bursch test pipe(which eliminates the catayltic converter) and also the Bursch muffler. Although, I used the original header. I was afraid of the carbon buildup and deposits. I purchased both Bursch products from Performance products. 1-800-423-3173. The result was more horsepower and a more throtty sound. It was direct bolt on. No modifications whatsoever. Bursch also sells the one piece header and test pipe for around $295.00. I hope this gives you some ideas.
Baker87
Apex Killer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the input. Friday I had a Supertrapp installed along with 2.5" pipe all the way to the header. It is very loud but the tuning options are very nice. The end result was me spending $340 for the complete thing and according to my G-tech I gained 11hp with 6 plates installed.
Mich924S  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you buy your supertrapp and is it stainless? I'm looking for mainly a replacement muffler that is stainless all the way to the tip.
Apex Killer  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racer Part Wholesale has them and I bought stainless. I paid $114 plus shipping. It was here in 3 days. Sorry I don't know their address, do a google search for them. I highly recommend doing a Supertrapp. It gives you some tuning options and has good hp improvements. It is a bit loud, not Honda kid loud but straight pipe race car loud. The noise can be adjusted too.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a supertrapp on my racecar... can't say I really like the quality of the noise, if you know what I mean. I much prefer what I have now, straight-through Dynomax bullett race mufflers. Of course, that's also on a race car 2.0L with a header and little else.

'79 924 #77 ITB racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Lizard  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked into flowmaster they give the car a real mean sound but it is nice, if you don't mind your car sounding like it is about to eat something for lunch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: