Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

The fuel filter fitting leaking - where to get new fitting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
juha_teuvonnen  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: The fuel filter fitting leaking - where to get new fitting? Reply with quote

The previous owner knackered the fuel line from filter to distributor, which I replaced. The replacement line leaks at the fitting that connects it to the fuel filter. The filter is new. I think I know why the previous owner destroyed the line trying to overtighten it. Where can I get a replacement fitting or a new filter with new fittings? I see plenty of 928 filters with new fittings for 924 NA But where can I get the 931 110 149 01 with fittings? I'd buy a used fitting too, if it's known good.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the leak, compression joint or crush ring? I just installed the early 928 piece on my 931, and it went together fine but definitely needed a bit of prep work.

Specifically, I media blasted the brass fittings until they were completely shiny inside and out, and I used new crush washers with a coating of anaerobic sealant. I also applied anti-seize to the threads before tightening the compression fittings.
juha_teuvonnen  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Where is the leak, compression joint or crush ring? I just installed the early 928 piece on my 931, and it went together fine but definitely needed a bit of prep work.

Specifically, I media blasted the brass fittings until they were completely shiny inside and out, and I used new crush washers with a coating of anaerobic sealant. I also applied anti-seize to the threads before tightening the compression fittings.

I think it's the compression fitting. The previous owner installed the filter backwards and overtightened the compression fitting so much, he rounded off the hex head on the steel fuel line. I replaced the steel fuel line and tightened it snugly using the flare nut wrench (17mm). I used the new crush washer supplied with the filter, it's basically a copper washer.

I am not sure what brass fittings you are referring to. The fittings on my car seem to be cadmium-plated steel, yellowish in color due to plating, but not brass. These fittings are the ones that thread into the aluminum filer on one end, and into the steel fuel line on the other end. I'll make pictures and post.

I am thinking that the inside of the fitting may be screwed up, which will cause leaking where the steel line goes into it.

Does anybody know the part number for the fittings? I can't seem to find them on PET. Are they supplied together with the filter?
juha_teuvonnen  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The filter is NLA from Porsche, BTW.
juha_teuvonnen  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fitting spec:

Filter side - male threads, M14x1.5
Fuel line side - female threads M16x1.5 machined to seal against a Porsche fuel line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: