Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Transmission shift rod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fwood  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Transmission shift rod Reply with quote

I recently resurrected my 82 931 after 3 months of work. Turned out that a wire in the back of the fuse panel had worn the plastic off and caused a short that fried the DITC. Thanks Ideola for the working box. I only looked at the fuse panel when play driving my dead horse and tried the turn signals which did not work. Seems that the DITC shares the "circuit on with ignition #15". Fixed the short the turn signals worked but it took a different DITC to regain spark! Okay I digress-as the inspection had lapsed I took my first road trip to my friendly inspect station. While driving back(passed of course) I noticed shifting problems. At first I was ready to call and pontificate profusely at the kid who did the inspection about thrashing the gearbox and screwing it up. long story shortened I decided to pull the shift rod out of the transaxel and discovered that the springs inside had rusted apart.(the car had sat for at least 10 years outside when I bought it). What I need now is either the springs or a new (working)shift rod #016 331 475 G. I am also in need of 016 311 735 A and 016 311 717 C the spring and bushing as the spring was nonexsting and the bushing is rough.crusing the net it seems that all these pieces are no longer availeable so im asking for a little help!
Thanks Frank
fwood  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a nos shift rod and what a difference. The car has never shifted so smooth and easy. It is absolutly the single most impactful part that I have installed on the car.
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: