Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

933 Revival.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimhuiz  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the lexan/plexiglas rear hatch issue...

I just read in the article "The do-it-yourself Porsche" that a plexiglas hatch was delivered with the kit. This also matches with some of the period pics of a hatch delivered with the parts collection and Holbert offering a plastic hatch for about $400.

Who knows how accurate these old articles are. I don't find a listing for a plastic hatch in the available parts resources but I also don't have a gold standard reference.
Barnato  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at my car which was stored away in 1983 it has a plastic rear hatch window
clark  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: 933s Reply with quote

I have owned Tom Brennan's "instant legend" car built at Road Atlanta at the runoffs in 1980. In 1981 he won the runoffs outright and the car is one of 4 Porsche racecars on a factory poster for 1981. The car was also featured on the front page of Pano in Dec 1981.
The cars all had lexan hatches and the suspension was trick trick trick.
I also own a Frankenstein 933 variant. The car is all tube frame in 944 widebody trim. The car started life as one of the AJ USA 933s. At some point the car was totaled at Watkins Glen and rebuilt into a total tube frame chassis. The only part of the car that is original is the firewall to just behing the drivers seat.
The Tom Brennan #54 was in all 944 trim when I purchased it back in 1994.
More recently it has undergone a complete chassis restoration back to it 924DP days. Mechanicals are going back in now. I plan to take the car to Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca this fall.

Clark
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: 933s Reply with quote

clark wrote:
I plan to take the car to Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca this fall.

I plan to attend, hope to see you there!
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
clark  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: 933s Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
clark wrote:
I plan to take the car to Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca this fall.

I plan to attend, hope to see you there!

Ideola,

Will look forward to it. I own Apex Performance.

Clark
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1981 SCCA specs for the 924, its only one page, if anyone wants a copy let me know. It doesn't tell what was really used as many modifications are allowed by the 1891 GCR. If you want the entire downloadable package look at the RMVR vintage racing website under the rules subtitle. Among other things, using the 931 head is not really legal as the 933 head had its own PN, I had to get DMeluzio's verification and pictures that they were used to our Porsche qualification person for permission to use it.
cricketdesigns.com
clark  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeJinCO wrote:
I have the 1981 SCCA specs for the 924, its only one page, if anyone wants a copy let me know. It doesn't tell what was really used as many modifications are allowed by the 1891 GCR. If you want the entire downloadable package look at the RMVR vintage racing website under the rules subtitle. Among other things, using the 931 head is not really legal as the 933 head had its own PN, I had to get DMeluzio's verification and pictures that they were used to our Porsche qualification person for permission to use it.

The 933s cars came with mechanical injection which was junk. THis pretty quickly was removed and they went with the 931 head with webers. This turned out to be a much better arrangement. My car was raced extensively in the 90s in SCCA GT3 with the 931 head and webers.

Clark
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opps, Specs are 2 pages
cricketdesigns.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: