Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

More Power!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all make a list on this site of things that worked to make are 924/924S gain HP. My goal is to get my 924S up to 205HP. I think Im at about 185HP or so.
Well have fun and beat those Mustangs!!
MAS  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave,

What kind of mods have you done to your 924S to up the hp?

As for Mustangs, I've had 2 races with 5 liter Mustangs with my stock 87 924S. One race was on the highway, and I pulled on the Mustang easliy in 4th gear at about 60 mph. The other race was from about 30 to 80 mph. This time I was in 3rd gear, and my 924S pulled harder than the 5 liter. I won by about a car length.

Incidentally, I'm sure that both Mustangs would have beaten me off the line quite easily. But from higher speeds, it's a different contest.

-MAS

[ This Message was edited by: MAS on 2001-08-02 06:31 ]
larso  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAS has already said on many boards that the 924S has plenty of power. No need to mod it.

(rolling my eyes)
Dave  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MAS,

I havent raced a 5.0 yet But it sounds like the 924S does good. Some of the mods I have done are stage 2 MAF kit,adjustable fuel pressure regulater, Throttle response cam, Jacobs Omni Magnium Ignition,Slotted and cryno treated rotors, and Stainless steal brake lines. I am looking into getting head work done. A good site to check out is http://www.HuntleyRacing.com thats were I got the MAF kit. I am trying to get some pics online so you guys can see what I have done and what it looks like. What have you done???
MAS  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...MAS has already said on many boards that the 924S has plenty of power. No need to mod it. (rolling my eyes)"

Hmmm... it seems to me that you have a few pet topics too, eh

(rolling his eyes)

-MAS
MAS  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway Dave... getting back to the topic (with Larso's permission )... I have not done any mods to the car yet.

-MAS

[ This Message was edited by: MAS on 2001-08-03 00:27 ]
larso  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, i just find it funny for people that try and be hard on me and group up agianst me saying "you must be a drag racer if you want to modify your porsche", and "it has plenty of power" then when modification comes up they speak about what u could do, what the boogie hell.
MAS  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

-MAS
Diesel  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YEAH, My Camaro has got a cam in it! And curb-feelers! So F**k you!
Diesel  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YEAH, My Camaro has got a cam in it! And curb-feelers! So F**k you!
Dave  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about getting of the topic
larso  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesal, can't tell if u are talking shit or if u are serious, but

if cars were only made for handling, porsche wouldn't have made the 951 and 911, the 924, 924S, and 944 have great handling, but it's engine performance cannot keep up to it's handling, that is why the hondas beat the 924s on the track...the 924 may have great handling, but there is a certain limit in which you need engine performance to keep up with the handling.
It's not just about going fast in your 924, it's about it being boring just to sit there and drive your 924 day after day. I find adding cams and doing ports and ps to cars fun just to do and feel a sense of accomplishment, they aren't JUST for speed.
-nick  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, i don't know what kind of hondas you race, but i cook this silly modded vtec, with an experienced driver at the helm, by a couple seconds on the autocross course every time in my little na.

some people never understand that you could put mario andretti in a fiesta and he could probably beat anyone on the road in a 5.0, driving has alot to do with it.

by the way, have you ever even driven a 924? do you do anything other than instigate annoyance? and do you think you could watch the expletives?

regards,
-nick
Joes924  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2001-08-09 13:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2001-08-09 13:52 ]
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not talking about autocross, autocross is not racing.

Second, I think you and I are talking about very different hondas. I am not talking about v-techs, I am talking about the 2500 pound stock 80s hondas...They are light, they have wishbone suspension, but they don't have the tranny in the back.. This is not the same as the v-techs you are talking about, those are 3000 pound cars with v-6s in them.

Ask Vaughan about his results in races in the SCCA or whatever you call it.
And yes, I have driven both 931s and 924s.

Both cars (924s and 931s) did have slide I found when there was a bit of gravel on the road, as compared to front wheel drive cars that I have driven that handle better when there is a bit of loose gravel on the road.
And the 924 seemed to have more squeak to it then i thought, the owner of the 924 I drove either didn't have the tires pumped up to the perfect psi, or they were bald tires, because i did a u-turn in the car the same speed as I had done in another rear drive Volvo. and i was surprised to hear it squeak.

My 931 I noticed some 4 wheel slide on it, but I had 14 inch (new) tires.

As for organized events, all cars perform better in different events, personally I don't think the 924 would do very good in rally, i am not sure...but i think it makes a great autox car when it is kept stock, and a great track car with modifications allowed.

[ This Message was edited by: larso on 2001-08-04 04:44 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: