Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

944 exhaust on a 924

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: iapetus@mediaone.net
Date: 2/2/00
Time: 2:31:25 PM

I have been looking for an after market exhaust for my 79 na 924, I havent found one that I like the looks of..... so my question is, can a 944 exhaust be modified to fit on the 924? If so are there any performance issues?

Also, I would like to hear some feedback from people using after market fuel management systems. What brands? Are they any better? and are they difficult to install?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: Ponzv@aol.com
Date: 2/2/00
Time: 4:03:47 PM

I have used a Stahl header without a cat and a Supertrapp.Without the plates the think was great but noisy. Adding plates made the car quiter but still loud.
Changed to a 944 muffler and it quited it down. Took some power away.
Then changed to a turgomax and it was not any better. For sound take the 944 muffler.
For track performance use the supertrapp.
Anything else email me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: spkprobe @aol.com
Date: 2/3/00
Time: 12:54:43 AM

the 944 eghaust will fit the 924 get it from after cat. back, ther might be so mod required but it is minor and you will end up with a excellent eghaust system. But remember the rear pan is just a resonator so you will need the muffler under the car for noise control. Order the bursch header system, look thru excellence you will find a ad for one. i had good results with this combination on my 924. and should be the first mod bar none on this engine. Anther easy mod is use the throttle body from 86-91 vw golf /jetta etc. it was much bigger than stock. try integral cams for a replacement cam. open up the snorkel on the air box. I run the DTA engine mangement system on my 924 gts replica and it make a big difference but these systems can be pricy and unless you plan on doing more modification than was suggested stick with the cis.
Wayne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: vscott39@hotmail.com
Date: 2/15/00
Time: 9:14:04 AM

This mod has been recommended by Don Istook as the most cost-effective performance exhaust option for the 924. However, yes, it does require soem work with the hangers to get it to work.

Vaughan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: