Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

water leaking into fuse box

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2000 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: gdietz@best.com
Date: 1/27/00
Time: 6:29:02 PM

1979 924 purchased about 6 months ago. Had many problems with hot start (still not resolved) Have also blown 2 of the "black boxes" . Finally determined that water leaking into fuse box after rain or car washing. Appreciate suggestions on where to look for the leak and how to prevent. My guess is water is leaking into fuse box and causing short-out. Sometimes stops engine cold and keeps blowing the "black box" Help if you can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2000 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email:
Date: 1/27/00
Time: 6:53:49 PM

if you have a sunroof, then either the drain tub on top of the car in the corner has come loose or split, or the tube has come out of the hole in the firewall/dash and is draining into the car versus the tray ( the wiper motor sits there) in front of the windshield.

I think you have to remove the dash to remove the corner molding. The tube runs under that molding. The best fix is too replace your sunroof seal (outer) or seal up that one drain port (which causes other problems).

The last thing it could be is a faulty windshield install.

You might be able to see the tube going into the hole in the firewall by looking up undr the dash. Or even looking in the corner under the windshield area, I think it comes out there versus the fender.

I had a 79 with a hose that had been split/pinched when it was assembled. You might run some compressed air down the drain port and listen/ feel for where it might be coming out.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: jean-manuel.toussaint@univ-rouen.fr
Date: 1/31/00
Time: 11:45:09 AM

I had the same problem on my 79' 924. When it was raining stongly, my foot were wet when I was driving. there was som mist into the tachymeter. I have made some test and water the car until I can observed the water leaking.
There was some cracks in the right side (when you look the front of the car), opposite to the battery compartment. I have purchase a tar cream (don't know the english term!) and applicate a thick coat. The leacking has stopped. Hope this will help you.
JM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: