Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Custom Turbo Headers Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 5/8 is better anyway Mike danger. um so you
got some one to help you with it. You know the pics there quite an inspiration. I want to tackle something like that one day.
Thanks Mike Danger. Dan man you gonna give this a go.
seems Mike could find someone locally but ah he came to the right place
924bord.org.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any takers?
flosho  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude check your private messages...
Euro924S2  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Morghen. I don't know of any OEM designs where the turbo is deliberately moved away from the cylinder head, more out of need than desire IMHO.

As for saying quick spool is only needed for track use, I'd argue the opposite. A track car is kept high in the rev range and runs at WOT for a lot of its time, contrasting with a street car where you can be cruising along steadily when suddenly you want to overtake so need low down torque and a nice fast spool up - plus speed is all about area under the BHP/Torque curve - just look at a turbo diesel, lots of torque but only over a short rev range - feels fast but not so fast when racing a petrol!!!

Back onto the topic though, manifold looks awesome - a very very nice project indeed - I take my hat off to you!!!

Cheers, John.
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a spare turbo or atleast the center section and turbine housing? I need to borrow one to complete the headers.
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on, someone must have some crap lying around.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDanger wrote:
come on, someone must have some crap lying around.

Reckon so.
  • Weiße Scheiße (1987 924S) - In Progress
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDanger wrote:
Does anyone have a spare turbo or atleast the center section and turbine housing? I need to borrow one to complete the headers.

Did you ever find the parts you need? I have 1 ONE extra bearing housing and 1 turbine housing that could be sold I suppose..

Turbine housing has OG porsche bolts broken off in its holes, fixable.. Also a small crack in the scroll like usual, serviceable as is other than bolts..

Bearing housing needs turbine side piston ring land honed, its not dug up just carbon plastered, I believe its also serviceable..

I'll trade for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/321125451032 $64 shipped to me and I'll ship you turbo parts..

I also have an Audi water cooled bearing housing in A++ condition that will interchange with the 931 housing as far as the turbo goes but will not fit the 931 block mount and takes different oil line flanges, you might like this if your relocating the turbo anyway.. It came from a freshly rebuilt turbo I stripped for parts.. And an Audi 4 bolt flange (6.94 iirc) turbine housing that fits 931 turbine wheels and most all other k26..
flosho  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old turbo exhaust housing and center section.. and probably if I did for it, a compressor housing.. basically old turbo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: