Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1988 924S PORSCHE--CLICKING FROM THE REAR LEFT WHEEL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: JSTEPPE@YAHOO.COM
Date: 1/26/00
Time: 10:02:19 AM

Hello fellow 924 Owners, I purschased this car a couple of weeks ago, the problem is two things , I hope they are related. First of all the emgerency bake does not work and the parker brake light just came on and then I started hearing a clicking noise from the left rear wheel, or least I think that is where the noise is.

Also the clutch seems to be very lose and just almost goes to the floor, (this just happended yesterday) please keep in mind that we just had a major snow storm, what could these problems be.

MY e-mail adress is JSTEPPE@YAHOO.COM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email:
Date: 1/26/00
Time: 3:59:06 PM

Parking brake was engaged while being driven. You will have to take off both sides and do one wheel at a time, inspect and adjust the mechanism, then reassemble, your P brake should work after that without further adjustment of cable or mechanism. You might buy a haynes manual to outline the removal adjustment and installation. I can't remember which piece pops out of sync with the others but that is what I've had happen to the parking brake.

Check for brake fluid at the master cylinder and slave cylinder on the clutch system. To check the master look up under the dash for leaking oil from the cup and shaft that connects to the clutch pedal, on the other side of the firewall is the master, there is a line on the side of the brake master reservoir which feeds fluid to the master clutch, check your fluid level too.

The slave is outside the bell housing on the bottom near the starter (I do 924T so I'm going from memory here) check the slave where it bolts to the housing if it is leaking it should be wet or built up with gunk. If it is the slave replace it. The system gathers water in the lowest spot which is the slave and pits it beyound repair. You will probably be better off pulling the starter when bleeding the clutch. Remember to disconnect the battery if you remove the starter.

If the system was low, then bleed the clutch slave, it is a pain in the but and takes some time and patience to accomplish manually. I prefer to power bleed the system from the resevoir down. If the system was low you should flush and bleed the brakes at the same time.

Porsches need the brake and clutch hydrulics flushed at least every two years just to save on buying expensive replacement parts. If you street race or drive real hard, well you need to check the system on a six month basis and still do a flush when the fluid gets dark.

Good luck
Bob

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: