Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Cleaning coolant recovery tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISUnorth  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Cleaning coolant recovery tank Reply with quote

Probably covered in an older post but I found a good tank cleaner. I tried dishwasher soap and hot water which flushed some of the crud out. Was looking at maybe using muriatic acid but saw some Zinsser paint brush cleaner in the same isle at Menards and bought a quart. It just dissolved all of the slimy brown crud in just a few minutes. I figured it’s pretty safe on the tank since it’s for cleaning brushes and most are synthetic with plastic bases and handles. Its water and soap clean up to. Wish I had a before picture, below is the after. Also maybe wish I hadn’t been so quick to buy a new tank to put in. I was just trying to clean the old one and replace it after I got the system flushed.

Captain_Kirk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleaned out my brake fluid rez when I changed all the brake fluid. The gunk in the bottom was black. I used brake cleaner and swished it around and an air hose to get it out. Now it's all clean like new and makes my coolant tank look ugly so it's on the list to do.
Yours is purdy.
Nobbi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a new one from porsche for my 944 cabby.85.- Euros,no hassle...
Nobbi
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Kirk the tank has rust and crud in there he needs a good
cleaner. Brake cleaner would be a no go .. jus my 2 cents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> How-To All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: