Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

battery goes dead when car is off.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stang  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mechanic working on the 931 said there is a fuse he can take out and the batt. will not go down but neither will the car start.
Any ideas?
numbers  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with my 931, and I traced it to a shorted diode in the alternator.
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got it traced to a single circuit, you can just try to follow the wires and find the short.
larso  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup find out which fuse it is. The problem with shorts is that there are many possibilities. Looks like you've narrowed it down so test all the stuff hooked up to that particular fuse with an ohm meter to find the problem and it will be an easy fix.

Remember though, not to use an ohm meter on the ignition brain under the steering column if the fuse is hooked up to that. Can't pass electricity through certain circuits, will fry stuff like static in a computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: