Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

UT-CIS Sticky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
A more likely candidate for the GTS would be the 930 part, also horizontally mounted.

And also the part that Brian Leask has done a lot of work with...

...for the cost of a GTS WUR, why wouldn't you just pay Brian to modify your stock unit?
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, and more to the point, why not get a digital solution?

As we're hashing this out, I'd like to point out one more major advantage the UTCIS has over any factory setup. This is actually the reason 930 guys are flocking to UTCIS. . .the factory WUR enriches too early, killing AFR and power between 3-4k. The UTCIS eliminates this.
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:

I agree, and I've purchased one already that will be making it into club sport project (mostly likely...if not, then the 941). The only thing I can think of is the pure financial aspect:
<$300 = OEM-spec rebuilt WUR
<$400 = Brian Leask adjustable WUR
$700 = UTCIS-PT
Cedric  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:

As we're hashing this out, I'd like to point out one more major advantage the UTCIS has over any factory setup. This is actually the reason 930 guys are flocking to UTCIS. . .the factory WUR enriches too early, killing AFR and power between 3-4k. The UTCIS eliminates this.

I have the opposite, the wur enriches at high rpm, a great amount to. Good for security but not so good for power. I really hope you get the utcis running as planned, i´ve been thinking about it for some time. Seems like a good way to both be able to tune the AFR and keep the CIS which has been extremely reliable on both my cars. Thats seems not so easy to get on the different efi systems out there.
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
Rasta Monsta wrote:

I have the opposite, the wur enriches at high rpm, a great amount to. Good for security but not so good for power. I really hope you get the utcis running as planned, i´ve been thinking about it for some time. Seems like a good way to both be able to tune the AFR and keep the CIS which has been extremely reliable on both my cars. Thats seems not so easy to get on the different efi systems out there.

1+ on the high end enrichment
1+ on the reliability of CIS

i've turned up the boost and as a safety measure i've also dialed some more gas to be put in....just to prevent detonation..but at higher RPM and WOT i get black smoke and 3 pistons firing instead of 4 ofcourse because of the bath of gas that's being put in by the WUR.

i'm also waiting for that UTCIS to become cheaper...i've exchanged some emails with the guys making it...but as much as i'd want one right now..its just too expensive.
Nein37  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
Rasta Monsta wrote:

I agree, and I've purchased one already that will be making it into club sport project (mostly likely...if not, then the 941). The only thing I can think of is the pure financial aspect:
<$300 = OEM-spec rebuilt WUR
<$400 = Brian Leask adjustable WUR
$700 = UTCIS-PT

The thing that scared me away from the UTCIS was the question of reliability. Which appears not to have been answered yet. Having said that if it works as advertised, being able to precisely tune CIS is an undeniably huge upgrade.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing to add to Dan's formula above. . .the Leask unit doesn't address the "premature" enrichment present with the factory WUR (3-4,000 RPM) unless you buy an additional expensive component for $269.
Min  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
Thats seems not so easy to get on the different efi systems out there.

I've no idea were you got that impression. Daily drove mine until I seized a lifter. Once I repair that, I will daily drive it again. My buddy daily drives his efi converted vehicle also. Started everytime I turned the key.

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'OH, I know he lured you into it Min, but I respectfully ask that we keep on topic in this thread. . .it's a sticky, and hopefully it's eventually a reference point for UTCIS users.
gegge  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fired up the new engine and it does run ok.

But the UTCIS sensors seems to be way off.

Tempsensor is reading 10 celsius all the time (ambient is 20).
RPM is set at 1000 when the engine is off, add is approximately adding 500-1500rpms to the actual value. It is connected to (-)15 on the coil.
The pressure sensor is reading 0,2bar when engine is off and 0,45 at idle. Does that make sense?

The start-up map was loaded by UnwiredTools and is called AAAAAAA something.

The controlpressure is fine and according to the map. Did try to upload a new map and reset the sensors, but without success.

Running version 2.2.011 bought June 2009

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont take the RPM signal from the coil...you get spikes and errors from that place...use the DITC wire instead.
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that would be nice, if you had DITC Neither Shaggy nor the 941 have DITC...
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what do you feed to your tacho?
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coil
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old unit is off the car, and I am currently waiting for the replacement unit to arrive, hopefully soon! When it gets here, it will be installed and tested. . .stay tuned.

An interesting aside, as the product is under constant development, I am receiving the latest and greatest. Features in include modular cabling (separate plug-ins to each component for ease of installation - a no-brainer) and separate sensor box and computer box. The latter new feature should allow installation of the computer into the passenger compartment (a far better arrangement, IMO), while leaving the sensor box and its high pressure fuel line safely in the engine bay.

Fingers crossed, results hopefully soon. Where is that damn UPS truck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: