Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Battery bay holding water

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loki  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has any good solutions to the gallons of water that fill up my battery bay when ever it rains or I wash my car. I was thinking about drilling holes in it, but I am a little unsure about doing so.
GP510  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a drain on each side of the engine bay firewall, above the fender bulge in the engine bay. They are black and have a flap on the lower half. Clean out the drains and open the flaps. I have the same problem if I don't keep the drains cleaned out.

Bart
Loki  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
That was really easy, I looked all over for a drain but I was looking for it in the bootom. Don't I feel foolish.
Cbass  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check for rust too, it's a nasty spot.
dwak  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a friend in the passenger seat and then drill drain holes in the battery box floor. By doing that you will fix his bad knees and apply moisture at the same time.
Loki  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good call,

thanks
gohim  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be up to three drain ports with the rubber covers in the area behind the engine compartment (one on the right in the battery area, one on the left opposite the battery tray port, and a third in the middle that is often missed).

The third one was almost completely rusted out (the only rusty spots on my friend's 80 and 81 931s), because it also gets drainage from the battery tray, but also because it is in the middle, and the PO (previous owners) did not know, or did not care to clean it, and the trapped material rusted the metal tubing badly. The third, hidden port is located behind the engine, close to the center of the firewall.

GP510  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all the 924s have the third drain hole? I looked last night and didn't see a drain hole directly behind the engine. Did I just miss it?

It is an '87 924S

Thanks
Bart

[ This Message was edited by: GP510 on 2002-06-21 06:32 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: