Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

I Got Home With My 944 Parts Engine, Have Extra Clutch Parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohim  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got home from a 1000 mile trip to pick up a 87 944 engine to build into a replacement engine for my 87 924S.

The trip was 30 hours, including 15 hours stopped at some college friends, overnight and visiting, a short time visiting another RennLister on the way to the freeway home, and another hour, fueling and eating dinner.

That makes the average speed while driving over 60 mph, and the fuel consumption was around 28mpg.

It is a late 87 block with the auto belt tension. It has the 9.7cr pistons, not the 10.2cr pistons, rats...

I have (3) 10.2 cr pistons coming from an engine that broke a rod, and another Member has offered be up top (3) more used 10.2cr pistons.

Over the two years that I have been planning this engine I have accumulated a pile of new parts, including a set of Raceware head studs, block gasket set, water pump, complete clutch set, and oil pump.

I am building this engine on a low priority basis, and still need main and rod bearings, head gasket, rollers, pulleys, belts, and piston rings, but the end is in sight.

As of this weekend, I went from needing a complete clutch set to having too many clutch sets.

Anybody need any 944/924S clutch parts?

I have a couple of extra complete clutch sets (one new, and one like-new), or a new or like-new clutch disc, pressure plate, or throw-out bearing?

I will also have lots of spare late model 944/924S engine parts leftover, if anybody needs some.

Email me directly if you have a use for any of my extra stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: gohim on 2002-06-05 04:20 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: