Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Craigslist find of the day.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz guy wrote:
morghen wrote:
I think the color is very nice. The interior as well.

Okay, so the color isn't hideous. But let me ask you this, would you prefer either of your cars in dark brown rather than their current colors?

I didn't think so.

I would not, you're right, but I would like another one in that exact color
Eric P  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz guy wrote:
morghen wrote:

Okay, so the color isn't hideous. But let me ask you this, would you prefer either of your cars in dark brown rather than their current colors?

I didn't think so.

I would for sure pick brown over red given the choice. I would probably go with brown over black too.

That being said, I would never buy another car with a tan interior unless it was the deal of the century. The carpet is impossible to keep clean in rainy muddy NY. Even with a good set of floor mats, my tan carpet is a constant chore to keep clean.
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]I would not, you're right, but I would like another one in that exact color [/quote]

Why don't I swing down to L.A. and pick it up for you ? You can take it back when you come see me. Lol

Me
2008 GS500
1996 Dodge Caravan (DJV)
KDJones2000  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is pretty funny...

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1983-porsche-944/6459081737.html

To wit:

Quote:
Here's the deal, I'm trying to sell this thing. This is a 1983 Porsche 944. This is one of the cars that saved Porsche as a company.
A bit more about the car:
It's got 115,000 miles on the clock. That's pretty low considering the year. I guess the original owner was trying to keep it tight for the next guy.
It's a 5 speed manual because Porsche knew that's the best way to drive and actually enjoy yourself.
It's RWD because Porsche wouldn't disgrace themselves with a FWD econowagon.
There's a giant sunroof. If it was any bigger it would be considered a targa top. Who doesn't want the wind in their hair while blaring classic rock?
This thing gets so much attention. Kids cheer when I drive by. When the 944 is parked outside, people flock to it like food in Ethiopa.
Hell, somebody liked it so much they decided to steal it. This was the best handling import in '84. That didn't stop this thief from banging it up a bit. Yes there's damage. Nobody cares. I kept that in mind when pricing it.
It doesn't have power steering. It came like that from the factory. Porsche wants you to workout when you drive.
The interior is in need of a good cleaning. The driver's seat is pretty torn up. Its an old car. Leather cracks and rips. F*ck you.
It's got an aftermarket muffler on it so when you bang through 1st and 2nd, you can hear all 140 horses screaming to be let out.
It has the original Blaupunkt stereo. I don't know what a Blaupunkt is but I think it would be delicious with some sauerkraut.
I want $2,400 for it. I've fixed shit. I've broken shit. I've fixed more shit. The car needs some love that I don't have the time to give it.
For $2,400 you can go buy a nice little Honda Civic. Or you can get a Porsche.
Would really prefer to sell but may also accept trades for other cool shit like a 240sx, RX7, Miata, etc. RWD or AWD only.

Kenodog  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDJones2000 wrote:
This one is pretty funny...

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1983-porsche-944/6459081737.html

To wit:

Quote:
Here's the deal, I'm trying to sell this thing. This is a 1983 Porsche 944. This is one of the cars that saved Porsche as a company.
A bit more about the car:
It's got 115,000 miles on the clock. That's pretty low considering the year. I guess the original owner was trying to keep it tight for the next guy.
It's a 5 speed manual because Porsche knew that's the best way to drive and actually enjoy yourself.
It's RWD because Porsche wouldn't disgrace themselves with a FWD econowagon.
There's a giant sunroof. If it was any bigger it would be considered a targa top. Who doesn't want the wind in their hair while blaring classic rock?
This thing gets so much attention. Kids cheer when I drive by. When the 944 is parked outside, people flock to it like food in Ethiopa.
Hell, somebody liked it so much they decided to steal it. This was the best handling import in '84. That didn't stop this thief from banging it up a bit. Yes there's damage. Nobody cares. I kept that in mind when pricing it.
It doesn't have power steering. It came like that from the factory. Porsche wants you to workout when you drive.
The interior is in need of a good cleaning. The driver's seat is pretty torn up. Its an old car. Leather cracks and rips. F*ck you.
It's got an aftermarket muffler on it so when you bang through 1st and 2nd, you can hear all 140 horses screaming to be let out.
It has the original Blaupunkt stereo. I don't know what a Blaupunkt is but I think it would be delicious with some sauerkraut.
I want $2,400 for it. I've fixed shit. I've broken shit. I've fixed more shit. The car needs some love that I don't have the time to give it.
For $2,400 you can go buy a nice little Honda Civic. Or you can get a Porsche.
Would really prefer to sell but may also accept trades for other cool shit like a 240sx, RX7, Miata, etc. RWD or AWD only.

Too funny. You stay classy Phoenix. Stay classy.

Me
2008 GS500
1996 Dodge Caravan (DJV)
KDJones2000  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an aspirational post from some used car dealer. Nice car, tho.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/d/1988-porsche-944-celebration/6457703760.html
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
jazz guy wrote:
morghen wrote:

I didn't think so.

I would not, you're right, but I would like another one in that exact color

That 931 is pretty much the same color combos as my 931, but I think a couple of those pics make the brown look much lighter than it is, but mine has a respray so maybe its a bit darker..

I think the brown exterior is a livable color, respectble, not atrocious, but ofcourse not as cool as a wild bright color or a beautiful 2 tone..
I don't hate my brown though..

Now the interior, I prefer this interior over the dark brown and black, I like the interior quite a lot actually, but again it isn't as nice as a pasha, tartan, or other more interesting interiors..

That car is very much like mine, same year and colors and wheels, but mine has the 150mph green speedo and lux steering wheel n stuff..

$4100 not too bad I guess, and it needed some refreshing/tuneup stuff..

Wouldn't sell mine for that the way it sits in pieces, but I got it for $400..
Defender405  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had any garage space left I would probably go and buy this. I may buy it anyway even though I have nowhere to store it.
https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-porsche-924/6501651767.html

1979 924 N/A
1975 MGB
1991 Infiniti M30
1987 300ZX Turbo
Glemon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested too, also no garage space, but that is tempting. Probably just a loose wire or something, ha ha.
Defender405  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to call the guy tomorrow and see if he can show me the car. We had an ice storm here today and crappy weather for the last couple of days, so it isn't likely that he sold it local yet. I realize that anything is possible but is a 1979 931 very likely or is it probably a 1980 that is titled wrong? I know the NA pretty well but are there any 931 specific things that I should look for when I check it out?

1979 924 N/A
1975 MGB
1991 Infiniti M30
1987 300ZX Turbo
Glemon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender405, did you buy it? Listing is gone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155
Page 155 of 155

Jump to: