Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Radiator removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rose5691  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Radiator removal Reply with quote

Can someone point me in the direction for instructions on replacing the radiator on the 924 NA please? I can't find anything but I'm sure it's been covered before.

Thanks.
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's six bolts, each with a solid (should be in OK condition) and rubber bushing (probably shot) to bind it to the A/C condenser which then mounts as one piece to the upper and lower support. Hope your lower mounting points are not rusted, as then you might have to cut it out.. My Weissach was clean to remove but the 931 unfortunately I had to cut one of the lower bolts and will have to re-work one of the lower mount points due to aforementioned rust.

Crack the reservoir and drain the coolant system from the lower drain port on the driver's side.

Remove the hoses.

Disconnect the fans.

Then those bolts! The light bar might be slightly in the way of the upper bolts as well. I was able to work around it but YMMV.

Installation is reverse of removal.

Anyone got P/N on those mounting bushes?
rose5691  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: