Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Carpeting a 924 the cheap way
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skemcin  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
Don't forget, Robert Budd's really nice carpet kits are on special right now, 10% off...normally $419, on special for $377.10. I know it's not as inexpensive as this option, but they are very nice kits, already cut-to-fit...
Dan,

I wish I could afford that right now - I'm still torn with the idea of even selling this one given my recent discovery. I need to get the interior in some sort of shape so it looks like its not project car. It just needs a few hundred dollars to get it back in to really good shape. But, this might still be an option if my brother decides to join the crowd - I'm offering to give him 6346 while I keep 6347 - nothing is more appropriate than two brothers to own two Porsches that are brothers as well. He's got more discretionary income that I so I know he'd spend the money on the carpet. For now, I'll keep this option (above) on the table. Thanks for the heads up - I'll use it as a selling point (to my brother).

9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JayZzzz4  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Carpeting a 924 the cheap way Reply with quote

skemcin wrote:
JayZzzz4 wrote:
... I bought this at $35 for 24ft, which is way more then what was needed for the project...
heat/sound damping =$35

Where did you end up sourcing that? I think this is going to be my May project.

I bought that at Carparts.com because it was cheaper then jcwhitney.com and at the time it was free shipping for orders over $50 (Also bought seals for the rear glass, 100% better then the old ones and only for $32 if I recall). The price went up for the Heat/Sound Insulation , it's $51 dollars for 24ft. One thing I don't like about this insulation is that the top aluminum foil material makes a noise like a plastic bag when you press down on it a little. But I can't complain about it since I bought it for so cheap and it works very well with the noise.
skemcin  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Carpeting a 924 the cheap way Reply with quote

JayZzzz4 wrote:
skemcin wrote:
JayZzzz4 wrote:
... I bought this at $35 for 24ft, which is way more then what was needed for the project...
heat/sound damping =$35

Where did you end up sourcing that? I think this is going to be my May project.

I bought that at Carparts.com because it was cheaper then jcwhitney.com and at the time it was free shipping for orders over $50 (Also bought seals for the rear glass, 100% better then the old ones and only for $32 if I recall). The price went up for the Heat/Sound Insulation , it's $51 dollars for 24ft. One thing I don't like about this insulation is that the top aluminum foil material makes a noise like a plastic bag when you press down on it a little. But I can't complain about it since I bought it for so cheap and it works very well with the noise.
Thanks for the reply and additional information. I'll look around and see what other kinds of "carpet heat/sound insulation" I can find. I thin you mentioned 24 sq ft was plenty. Naturally, I can measure the area out, but generally speaking, did you find you had enough to do the job twice? Or do you think 16 to 18 sq ft would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.
9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JayZzzz4  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Carpeting a 924 the cheap way Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and additional information. I'll look around and see what other kinds of "carpet heat/sound insulation" I can find. I thin you mentioned 24 sq ft was plenty. Naturally, I can measure the area out, but generally speaking, did you find you had enough to do the job twice? Or do you think 16 to 18 sq ft would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

Well it depends on how much your going to cover. The roll I bought was 24ft by 4ft (96 sq ft). I have about 8ft left (32 sq ft). I covered everything from the firewall to everything in the trunk, including the spare wheel well. The trunk and rear seats didn't have to be done, but it's very quite now. With that said, if your planing on just the floor I would buy 30sq ft. (6ft x 5ft) maybe a little more, You can away place it some where in the 924.
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clap, clap, clap.
88 924S SE
87 911 Targa stock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> How-To All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: