Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

HARRASSMENT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the multiple posts...but...

Look, Vaughan, I've tried, ok? This person has tried to discredit my advice NUMEROUS times, it is HARRASSMENT and it HAS TO STOP. Recent harrassment includes:

THIS IS BAD ADVICE type comments for my recommending TOLULENE (TOLUENE) for gas. SHELL and SUNOCO both use this chemical to raise octane in gas, the 944 Turbo boys on Rennlist all use it and SO DO YOU in your everyday gas.

I'm TIRED of being chased and harrassed by this NAMELESS and ANONYMOUS person who gets pleasure from discreditation.

I would like you to either (a) Request of this person that his real identity come out to PREVENT harrassment or (b) find his machine number and forbid this person from performing further harrassment.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick MacLaren on 2002-05-31 02:51 ]
gohim  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick,

Adding Tolulene to your gas is a bad idea.

It isn't even legal here in the U.S. The information that you reprinted in the General Discussion Area shows how toxic it really is.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is already in your gasoline. That is how they raise octane.

Your comments in General already constitute libellous and potentially slanderous comments on my credibility. I've notified the Board administration and I'm hoping to hear back from them.
gohim  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick, this is childish,

Did you read the stuff that you reprinted in the General Discussion Section?

...EPA has set a limit of 1 milligram per liter of drinking water (1 mg/L).

Discharges, releases, or spills of more than 1,000 pounds of toluene must be reported to the National Response Center.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has set a limit of 200 parts toluene per million of workplace air (200 ppm)...

So how much are you going to put into the air if you add 2 gallons of Tolulene to each tank of gas? If you are filling with say, 14 gallons total, you would be pouring in 2 gallons of Tolulene and 12 gallons of gas. that comes out to be 14% Tolulene. How much of that is going to end up in the air that you are breathing? A Level of 200ppm is considered hazardous according to the material that you supplied, and that's .0002%.

The information that you reprinted in the General Discussion Area shows how toxic it really is.

Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an ingredient to raise your octane. It is ALREADY in your gas. It is used widely to raise octane.

Personal attacks on my credibility are potentially legal matters. I'd rather have the site administration deal with this than deal with Gohim directly. It is not fair that I should have to defend my credibility to an anonymous person. Or to see my credibility slurred and maligned by an anonymous person hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.
larso  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-05-31 04:52, gohim wrote:
rick, this is childish,

Did you read the stuff that you reprinted in the General Discussion Section?

...EPA has set a limit of 1 milligram per liter of drinking water (1 mg/L).

Discharges, releases, or spills of more than 1,000 pounds of toluene must be reported to the National Response Center.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has set a limit of 200 parts toluene per million of workplace air (200 ppm)...

So how much are you going to put into the air if you add 2 gallons of Tolulene to each tank of gas? If you are filling with say, 14 gallons total, you would be pouring in 2 gallons of Tolulene and 12 gallons of gas. that comes out to be 14% Tolulene. How much of that is going to end up in the air that you are breathing? A Level of 200ppm is considered hazardous according to the material that you supplied, and that's .0002%.

The information that you reprinted in the General Discussion Area shows how toxic it really is.

Are you burning toluene, and is it exiting the pipe as a different product? Gasoline is toxic too, but when you burn gasoline, the by product is not gasoline.

[ This Message was edited by: larso on 2002-06-03 08:40 ]
Lizard  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he wasnt talking about burning it he was talking about spilling or inhaling the fumes when putting it in the tank
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Lizard, and Lars is also absolutely correct. Gohim's sentence went like this:

"How much of that is going to end up in the air that you are breathing? A Level of 200ppm is considered hazardous according to the material that you supplied, and that's .0002%."

He proposes here that if you put tololene into your tank you will create 200 ppm of tolulene in the atmosphere. If he wasn't saying that, then I have no freaking idea what he was on about.

His message is basically that burning tolulene is not good for the environment. This he says, of course, as he slips into his car and drives off burning up to 14 gallons of gasoline into the atmosphere each time he finishes a tank...

Hipocrisy anyone?
Lizard  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah but when you think about it rick every one is a hypocrit (i cant spell i know), i mean you are a hypocrit for calling him one i am a hypocrit for calling you one and on and on it goes, i think that everyone on this board needs to lighten up and not be so down and serious
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-06-03 22:39, Lizard wrote:
he wasnt talking about burning it he was talking about spilling or inhaling the fumes when putting it in the tank

what abou when you spill gas???? what's the difference...gas is highly toxic!
fielderd  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the?

you guys need to take a holiday or something. what are you talking about when you say "potentially leagal matters". are you saying that gohim doesn't have a right to say that putting certain additives in fuel is a bad idea.

stop crying and start driving
fielderd  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am really not phased if someone wants to give me crap that i don't know and will never meet and doesn't actually have an identity, if i did then i would probably have some sort of inferiority complex. go to a chat room and you'll know what i mean. i think abuse is harmless unless it comes from someone who's opinion you respect in some way.

Now Lets get back to talking about cars(my name is actually david fielder)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fielder you came here to stir up shit. Bugger off.

[ This Message was edited by: YourMomma on 2002-06-14 12:37 ]
fielderd  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all - very clever, i noticed you joined about 5 minutes ago

second of all - read last post about not caring

thirdly - i'm here to share ideas about cars, not to stir shit, i just think that anyone can say what they like
fielderd  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i'm 99.9% sure that it's you Rick, mr anonymous, so start practising what you preach, or either quit your whinning
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: