Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Loud exhaust...toooo loud????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike B  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is running great but is too loud...I kept the stock manifold and first section of stock pipe from the manifold...I used the rear section, including the rear muffler, as it was stainless from the '80 931 parts car cause it looked in great shape...I ran a straight pipe to join the two...EEEK...way too loud...Knew the neighbours would freak so added the little front muffler...It made it a little quieter but I can still hear the think from blocks away...

Does the cat. quiet the car that much or is the shiny, pretty stainless muffler from the 931 shot...Anybody have an idea...The car is attracting way too much attention cause of the loud throaty exhaust....
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cat I'm dying to get rid of...
cs  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just running a hollowed out cat with the stock muffler, mine is not that loud. you do have your wastegate hooked into the exhaust don't you.
Dave  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your running a test pipe and The stainlees steel muffler is probley Hight performance so ya It would make it alot louder.
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike I can hear your car from Edmonton.

It's nice, loud schmoud, if it goes it goes, as long as it's below the "legal" Decibal requirement it's good.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a similar set up to mine. I did the header change though. I have a similar if not same set up after that though. The 931/951 muffer does not muffle as much as the standard unit since the turbos actually quiet the exhaust quiet a bit. Go and have a resonator put on and it will quiet your car to acceptable levels. Mine was real loud. Many of my neighbors commmented. I went and got the resonator put on and ..... no more comments.... except for my new air horns!!!

Check out my exhaust in "my projects" on my site http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924 It is now painted black and the headers are now wrapped, but the photos will give you an idea of my system now. I will update the pages this week to show more.

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: