Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

mechanics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody know of a mechanic in southern New York and northern PA? I need a new clutch job and I'd rather not go to the dealer. I looked a bunch of places up in the phone book but none seem to mention anything about experience with porsches or even european cars for that matter.
carnut280  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright. well, I have discovered that on a 924S, a clutch job is 8 hours of labor. a typical Porsche dealer charges about $98.00 of labor, so that comes to about $784.00. Because Porsche dealers have all of the proper tools and knowledge of how to do a clutch job correctly, I would take my car to the dealer, despite the hiked price. that's just my way of doin it down here. OR you could always do the fun thing that I did, get a job at the Porsche dealership so that way, parts are at cost plus 10%, so, a brand new rear sway bar costs $77.00 for employees, not to mention, labor costs will drop to $68.00 making a clutch job rather inexpensive. but yoinkinator, do what you think is right.

[ This Message was edited by: carnut280 on 2002-05-23 11:06 ]
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take it to the dealership to because they are the most experienced, however, i'm a kid and don't make a lot of money and need to find the cheapest place for labor with reasonably quality.
carnut280  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand where you are coming from. I'm 19. Porsche's are expensive, but if you want it to run forever, the best choice would be to take it to a dealer, where it can be done professionally. IF you feel confident about doing large-scale repairs on your own, let me know, and I'll sell you a copy of the 944 factory repair manuals on CD Rom. It's the same book the techs use, and it'll walk you through all of the repairs in steps. all you would have to do is buy the parts and tools. I personally would not do a clutch myself though, that is why when I get mine done, It'll go to a Porsche Master Technician.
gohim  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copying copyrighted materials is ILLEGAL.

Using this message board for the DISTRIBUTION of Pirated Materials places the operator/s of the WebSite Message Board at Legal and Financial Risk.

Do Not Sell or Buy Copies of Copyrighted Materials.
carnut280  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...I get the hint gohim...I shall no longer sell the manuals. I understand...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: