Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

bigger valves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joes924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok along with my cam Im now think en like alot of you. Spend 600.00 on high comp pistens is alot. So Ill go larger valves .Question is what do I go with who can give advise here on the size ? Maybe recommend a shop I can talk to. Guess rennsport in portland oregon might be there. ???_________________
Its my 924 ..and I like it/ 1979 924 Joe

[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2001-09-06 15:25 ]
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try European in Cal. It used to be called Euro-race. Check out the heavy breather article on my site under 924 power tricks. They are the company that produced that head. Note that the board says that there have been some reports of cracked heads due to this change. I was not able to confirm this in my investigations about 1.5 years ago. I called them and spoke with them on the modifications they produced for this article. He can do what ever you want. They have all the records on file and should be able to duplicate the performance seen. They also made a stroker kit... so you might be able to get the pistons you want from them.

Good luck. Hey is that your 924? Glad you like it! Love mine.
Eric
http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well try to get them with skinny valve stems cuz when u upgrade to bigger valves u also get mroe restriction sicne stem is bigger, unless its a stronger material and they can afford to keep the stems slim, i think the bigger valves is a good idea though.
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the article but since I am doing a complete bottom end rebuild what size should make the valves?

eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince I will try to get the pages working, but as I recall there are VW stock units that you can purchase that are larger yet stronger and lighter than the stock 924 units. Let me check it out and see if I can get the info to you. As I also recall there are VW connecting rods that are also good for weight savings.... less rotating mass.
It is all in the article, but it is not working for some stupid reason.

Eric
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince
Check out the heavy breather article. It says that it used 44 intake and 37 exhaust.

Also the bolt on 2 article works in the are a that speaks about the valves. Page 2 I believe.

Just remember some have reported cracks, but I have never seen these reports.... just hear say.

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: