Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

just wondering...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny_924S  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I was wondering, in first gear and a little in second, when you let the gas off, the tires almost lock up? it feels like engine braking but man that much. its like im riding a diesel or something. Amyway i was just wondering if anyone noticed the same thing. Also when Im on the highway, im going about 120Kmhr and the engine is in 5th gear and revving about 3000-4000 rpm. is this normal it seems a little high. Thanks,
jcope  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed abnormal behavior when in 1st or 2nd. Letting off the gas slows the car, but not drastically. It sounds like you have REALLY high compression. Or maybe your emergency brake is on.

I think 3000 to 4000 RPMs is probably normal at that speed on the highway. 3500 RPM at 120kph works out to around 130mph/210kph at 6250 RPM.

I'm not a mechanic, though.
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know in my '88 S that with high compression of 10.2:1 it feels like it's braking too..in fifth gear going down a hill, i actually slow down. that's excellent for the winter time, but it does get annoying at low speeds. not to mention that i need a new clutch so it bucks too..
Johnny_924S  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it feels like my emergency brake is on but it isnt and having just rebuilt the top end of the engine im lead to believe that the compression is freakishly high...thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: