Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Who is better
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cs  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, what does super racer care more about. 0-100-0, 0-60, slalom, top speed... one car may win in half the test and the other car in the other half. there's still personal preference with perfection. and what does it matter anyways, it's not like it would apply to anyone else. i say my 931 beats them all, just because i like driving it. that, of course,is a lie, but it may be true for someone.pick what you like because you like it, not because it's the best
Dave  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this a hard question to answere. I just wanted to know WHAT CAR WOULD OUT PERFORM THE OTHER. And I like it because it is the best. Im not one of those guys who is like my car is the best because I like it so ha. I do like my car alot but I know its not in everyones taste so what ever to them. But I dont car about that I just Wanted a SIMPLE answere BASED ON THE PERFORMANCE NUMBERS NOT LOOKS WHO IS BETTER Porsche or Ferarri. But since no one on this site knows or comes up with a wise remark that has nothing to do with Cars and how they perform, I think Im just going to forget about the question.

[ This Message was edited by: Dave on 2001-09-10 15:10 ]
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porsche is best. 911 GT2 beats Ferarri best the F50 so there! Got your answer. Happy?

Also step back to the 911 turbo against Ferrari F355 (think that is the "entry level" Ferrari) The Porsche beats it in just about every catagory. It definately beats it in acceleration. Brakes I think the Ferrari bests the 911 by a few feet in stock form, but with the ceramic brakes the turbo is better and still less money.

So performance wise PORSCHE! Feel is a different thing and I think others have been trying to walk this line. Taste is also important, but numbers..... Porsche comes out on top. Faster and less expensive.
Dave  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK you eturbo924 Thats the answere I was looking for
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's such a silly question dave, what do you expect.
kenchuk  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-09-08 17:57, larso wrote:
what i am saying is, you can't have mario andretti drive a ferrari, and drive a porsche, and tell you which one is better.

Actually, I was reading a article in Porsche Panorama and it had an interview with Mario Andretti and he said that generally he prefers Porsches. I can't remember which issue I think it was the one with the Carrera GT on the cover.

edd1em  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. Every car has its style and flaws. Every driver has his style and flaws. How would you compare two drivers? Nevermind the fact that ferrari is still at least 50% hand built, built to customer specification, for different applications. Around here I see a 1/4 ferrari, you know with the fat tires in the back and the skinny ones in the front(I know, what a waste). Although Porsche is made 99.99% by machines, it is still built to specs and different applications. The different combinations for both of these cars are endles, combine with the driver and I think you need a super computer. I would still preffer(spelling) a convertible ferrari rather than a super modified, 0-60 in 3 sec gt2. But if I could afford two I'm sure it would be number 2.
my kopeika
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: