Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924.org should have...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do feel strongly about it. Honestly, have you surfed Rennlist lately? There is a gun section, a watch section and God knows what else. It is ridiculous. 924Board is great the way it is.

You look at 924Board as something to be fixed. I sir am I 924Board patriot, I don't look at it as something to be fixed, I love it. Do you want the terrorists to win? Is that what you want? Do you hate 924Board?
Zeek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about this same topic after surfing around a bit. On other similar forums I've been on they have a section just for pictures of your car. You add your name model and location as the thread title.

All it needs is a special 'sub moderator' or to to filter the posts some. Not admin, just able to change posts.

Ican't see the downside to adding a section for it. I rifled through the registry, but there's not many photos. I dl'd the ones from 924 org and liked that, but it'd be a nice pass-time-section to look through cars and pick out little things they've done differently or changed.
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: the registry is a an old horse Reply with quote

Guys if there is a better way to do the registry please I'm open to moving forward.

Some points to consider in your solution. File storage/hosting. The website is maintained by just two guys offering up their resources. We have talked about moving the site around but ....it works and that it really would need to be considered after all the different avenues have been looked at. It might be better to create a third system independent and just link it to the main site. Flicker? Picasa? what file hosting free sites are out there? How do we create a easy to use and search database?

So if we were to fix the registry and add picture hosting , what is the cheapest and most reliable long term solution?

As for adding topics...that just needs to proposed after a period of discussion, pretty much like what you have going on here. Probably the best thing is for the user when it comes to look at my car build is to host a free site, with their car and info and just put it as signature link.

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
Zeek  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think picture hosting is necessary at all. In the other boards I'd frequented you linked to your pictures that were hosted on where ever the user had them. In terms of storage the pics remain out in their 'homes' all around the internet. If you wanted to change the registry to something like that with more 'history' on each car, I'd think you'd just add a link to the user's thread here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> About The Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: