Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

TOP 10 REASONS TO BASTARDIZE A PERFECTLY GOOD CAR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,
I would like to have stainless exhaust, but so far I have found no shop that could get the stock to bend the custom exhaust. (I find that hard to belive and thiink I will be able to find some one when the time comes. Small town whowes. There is lots of room for the exhuast. I couldn't fit in headers as I wanted,but they only end upo leaking anyway. I used manifolds form a truck on the left side (dumps in the back past the steering shaft)and a ram horn style from the corvette on the right.

Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the level you're doing that work, a header won't make a pinch of difference anyway...the V8 with truck exhaust will be very strong.

I would have thought clearance of the exhaust would be problemmatic, but I'm glad to hear it can be done. Duals or single?

[ This Message was edited by: Rick MacLaren on 2002-05-31 01:47 ]
Cbass  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what block huggers are for

A friend of mine ran a pair of mufflers off of his headers, with a 90 degree bend in between, with the exhaust exiting right behind the front wheels. Worked great...

I would rather have it exiting at the rear wheels though, so you don't get all exhaust fumed out when you open your door. Side pipes kick ass.
Murf Dawg  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Adam

Nice work... I have just recenlty purchased a 924 and also in the process of trying the conversion. You gave me alot of great ideas so far. Please keep them coming.

This is our first porsche, my son and I are excited about doing the conversion.

And Rick BREATHE

LOL just messin with ya.Im with you,all these guys throwin out this line of CRA# about the cost. Just another way to suck someone in to there little web of over cost.

Oh sorry didnt we tell you thats not part of the original cost.. But you will need it..

PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old user ID was Adam....changed it to the above. If you need any advice or info on your project let me know.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Cost

It's all in what ya value. If ya WANT the V8 inside the 924 shell it's a great plan and doable if you've got the money and time. Frankly it sounds like a fun way to spend both money and time.
Cbass  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeup! I have a nice V8 I am in the process of pulling. I won't put it in a 924 though, I'd have to do all sorts of other things to keep a good weight balance...
coconutcowboy  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: rocker skirts. Reply with quote

nice car.

I like the skirts . where can I find a set and how much.

already have the rear valace.

also where can I find the front valance.

Sean Ross
puma  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear all these people telling you not to do an engine swap if you do you will destroy the weight ratio. Well If you do an engine swap more than likely you will put an engine that will produce 50% more horse power than the original one, so just calculate how much more the engine weights go to your local store buy some gym weights and weld them to your back bumper. Now if you are concerned of the extra weight believe me if the stock engine has 95 hp and it pushes 2000 plus car a 200 hp engine (average V will have no problem pushing a mere 200 pounds extra, Or just throw one of your budies on the back and tell him to hold on because it woun't be that old 95 hp engine or better yet go pick up J-Lo and put her on the back seat. Ok I wouldn't do that to my car, but on early 911 people had trouble because the car would understear at high speeds and what porsche did they added two 5 or 10 lb weights to the front bumpers and it worked just fine (of course they din't tell that to the custumer). Hey maybe one of yall can try it and tell me about it.
beario  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone want my rover v8 engine conversion or whole car....pm me if interested....this is perfection.....
Neil924  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures?
Adie  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]Will Adie be joining us on the forum the forum the help explain a few things??
Not a chance, if you knew my name and the board I hung out from you could have contacted me, but that would mean getting off your fat arses, I have only just come across this site and indeed this forum, and I'm unimpressed with the moderation, 1 person on this board knows me and he had more reason to gripe that anyone (i moved to Canada at the end of his conversion and never got to Iron out any of the problems he encountered) yet he has said nothing. Yet P'rick' feels it's his duty to bad mouth me, well thank him and all like him for my deliberate NON-contribution to this site.
jody in georgia  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been reading all this bashing about v-8 conversions and I'm in the process of actually doing it . but the 500.00 doesnt sound all that far fetched. If you have a good understanding of mecanics and fabrication and do it all your self minus the price of engine it is very possible. I.ve got cutting torches ,welders ,plenty of metal laying around and the brain to make it happen and even rival some of the best. Ive done plenty of custom fabrications and I work at an engine rebuiding shop where I pull roughly 3 to 4 motors a week. dont knock someone who says they've gone it because you cant. the old saying is " the one who can't just got passed by the one who did"
dwak  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Holy seething resentments! Reply with quote

Hello Adie,

Welcome to Canada, sorry you've had a screw up but so it goes. I'm embarking on the North American version of your conversion plan, ie Chevy, mainly because they are much more commen here.
Are you here to stay?

ciao,
dwako
905 376 3396
Adie  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that

Last edited by Adie on Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: