Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hello From Space Coast Parting 87 924S What do you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should I do and what is it worth?
Sell it as is
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Part it out and BTW I call dibbs on__________
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Part out the trans and convert it to a manual
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
It's worthless & fugly please remove the pictures
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

ragenruin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked just now - still shows electronic information received - WTF I am not in shipping and receiving. All I know is the stuff was sent.

Sorry I can't offer anything else up, anyone else have this when they ship? Everything went Priority US Mail. Is the post office system slow? We print our labels and pay electronically. We must have 20-40 packages that go out a day. All I know is I paid for the stuff to be shipped, they packed it and off it went.

Seriously, I paid out the backside for those to go out and priority mail, they will show. If nothing appears in the system by tomorrow I will send you scans of the receipts.
tuurbo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no I don't need any copies of receipts.

Here's the USPS explanation:

Item 1: The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 8, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Item 2: There is no record of this item.

So USPS was notified for Item 1 "There's a package coming" but no package has reached their terminal.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea - I have the same information you have - unless I typed the tracking numbers wrong, I can check with shipping tomorrow and I can check the tracking number on the receipts.

I will call the post office in the morning and see if they offer an explanation, I can say I looked it up on the net, one site:

http://lp2cd.com/USPS_tracking.htm

Said this:
There may be a few hours delay between the time when a package is shipped and the time when the package shows up on the USPS tracking system. The package must first be scanned by USPS personnel. It is possible for packages not to show up on the USPS tracking site until the next day. Sometimes USPS packages get sent on their way to destination before they are scanned. It doesn't mean that the package will be lost or delayed, it just means that somebody put the packages in "The Big Mail Truck" before the nice man with the scanner had a chance to scan the package.

I found other sites that say the same thing- basically it can happen. I hope that it shows up tomorrow. As for the second package that is alarming. I will see what happened - hopefully shipping can explain it. If the label is wrong or screwed up, it will come back. I hope it simply makes it to you.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I called the post office - their 1-800 number, My reciepts from work both show 10/08/08 - now their are telling me the second number shows confirmation on the 10th? WTF Shipping says they left on the 8th.

The guy on the phone says that they OFTEN do not get scanned in when they get picked up, they get loaded and off they go, not getting updated in the system till they are delivered? You can call them - not the track and confirm but the customer service and check it out.

BOTTOM LINE - you are not likely to find tracking information available until after it has already been delivered. All packages where insured, so we are covered for damage and loss as well.

Apparently this is typical for electronic transaction - ie when you print the label online. If you take it to the post office and pay more information is available as their computer system prints the label. Well atleast that is what I was told. I am putting up pictures of the receipt that show the tracking number, the date of printing and all that - as the 8th.

I CHECKED - one shows the 8th the other the 10th for when they recieved notice - how the heck is that possible? Someone anyone?

I am more than irritated about this whole thing - besides until I am vindicated tuurbo - wont post anything making fun of himself as he promissed to do when this all works out. If we dont count the 8th, using the 9th as a travel day the packages should arrive I hope by Saturday.

tuurbo  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Rangenruin! The post office apparently has the package now and it's available for pick up.

USPS website says "We attempted to deliver your item at 11:20 AM on October 10, 2008 in CRANBURY, NJ 08512 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office."

Great news. Thanks.

Sorry for the rant!

I don't know how to mock myself. It's kind of like spanking myself. Weird and a little creepy. But I promised so...maybe I'll just do something totally foolish to amuse the reader:

(Sung to no particular rap tune) I'm dancing! I have car parts and I'm dancing. Spinning on my head, oooh baby cool moves I'm dancing. Thought ragenruin was a crook and the sky was fallin' but he's ok, yeah baby that's me the brake dancing Chicken Little dude!

How's that?
D Hook  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USPS tracking system sucks. I've tried them before and they don't give any tracking info until the package has been delivered it seems. Pretty useless, IMO.

On this board, I'd highly recommend only using a shipment method that you can track daily, like UPS or FedEx. Unless, that is, you've done prior business with the member. There are some members I'd never ask a tracking number on.

CYA is the bottom line. Even if you've been here a while. Just my .02.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS! That is solid advice. Who knew it would be such a major pain in the exhaust.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos of the steering wheel - after market attached to Hub

Click to enlarge

tuurbo  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragenruin worked fast to get everything done - I've looked over the packages and they're used parts and so they're imperfect but they're what I expected (and paid for - good price) so all is well.

As was mentioned, the tracking was the real concern.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, glad all arrived. I will be looking for a better way to ship and track on other parts, no more headaches wanted.
tuurbo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you selling off your parts ok Ragenruin?

I hope my words didn't cost you any sales.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries tuurbo - I have not had any issues, this week I will be shipping some stuff to ideola, well more like this weekend. I have other people intersted in various things - biggest thing now that ideola stopped making it rain is finding the time to pull stuff then packing for shippment.

I am also searching for a project car, I am thinking 944, but not decided. First things first Got to get this one stripped down.
ditch68  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the front air dam/valance in OK shape? What would you need for that?

I'm looking into finding one in a local salvage yard, but thought I'd chek with you, too.

Jeff

Past: 1986 951, 1988 924S, 1965 912 with '69 911T engine.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its bent, not mangled, but probably only in fair condition

Last edited by ragenruin on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ditch68  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...

Got a picture? Bent is better than mine. I can fix bent...not cut in 3 pieces with a shear.

Past: 1986 951, 1988 924S, 1965 912 with '69 911T engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: