Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hello From Space Coast Parting 87 924S What do you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should I do and what is it worth?
Sell it as is
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Part it out and BTW I call dibbs on__________
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Part out the trans and convert it to a manual
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
It's worthless & fugly please remove the pictures
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

ragenruin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the bag had a few holes in it and looks like its dirty and been sitting around a will has good patina on most of the bits, with the gaskets looking a little rough - likely from the screws and bolts.

Does not look like it was used or if it was, it couldn't have been for long.

Got someone who wants seat rails - anyone care to tell me the value?

Also have 2 - 944 Fenders, a 944 Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, It is SACHS - looks very UN-used, but not new - has patina - probably from sitting around. - It is the Spring loaded version - see photo below. Also 1 AUDI TB shown - have several of those, but will have to measure to confirm that they are the BIG BORE.

Got a Complete 944 Turbo Wiring harness? 3 bags of Lug Nuts, the list goes on, still sorting through it all.

Oh and I will try to make the Pictures smaller in the future, sorry if it takes a while to load.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I started stripping her today. Next step will be eBay. Anyone need or want anything before I get started.

Also if its small I might make a donation.
ideola  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in the power steering tensioner (heim joint). I might be interested in the complete assembly (rack+pump+reservoir+cooler) if you can extract it cleanly without cutting any lines.
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
JayZzzz4  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you snap a few pics of the interior for me? Like the back sits, dash, door panels, side panels in the back, the trim going up from the dash to the roof in front, and center console.... If you can't, it's ok I know I listed a lot. and it takes a lot of time putting pics up. I'm just looking for interior parts that right black and aren't broken to bad. Thanks a ton! happy stripping!
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I can pull the entire power steering without damage, but could use advice on the best method to accomplish this.

The Interior with the exception of the seats and door panels is in great shape. I will get some pictures of the various bits and post them, I will make the clickable to enlarge that way does not hog up bandwidth or delay the down loads.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interior shots

Will get more of front posts in a bit
ideola  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragenruin wrote:
I believe I can pull the entire power steering without damage, but could use advice on the best method to accomplish this.

The Interior with the exception of the seats and door panels is in great shape. I will get some pictures of the various bits and post them, I will make the clickable to enlarge that way does not hog up bandwidth or delay the down loads.

It's pretty self-explanatory...it's just that some guys parting cars get in a hurry and hack up the lines to speed things up. I'd like a complete setup ready for rebuild, not in a hurry, just let me know when you get to it.
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, it did not see any leaks or anything on the powersteering can tell more one I get it on stands.

No I am not a Junk/salvage part monkey I don't/won't cut anything unless its the roof and quarter panels to get them off the car.

I will make the entire 5 lug suspension available when the time comes as well.

Here is a picture of the other pillar in the front for jazz

The car is running again and driving, had a piss poor connection on the battery and the battery sucks.

I don't know if it is better to sell the entire engine or piece it all out.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have most of the interior bits spoken for as far as dash and trim goes.

Going to pull the DME and other bits as well.

I Going to pull the accessories off the engine. The AC works, Radiator does not leak and the fan work good.

The Complete 5 Bolt setup will be available when I am done with everything else.

Will separate head from block.

Anyone need torque tube or bellhousing? I do have 2 Manual Bellhousings as well.

Rear Axles?

Hood, hinges, Side Glass Door Glass, electric door motors which work, etc...

I am trying to avoid ebay fees.

Power Steering set up is spoken for.

I do however have extra power steering pumps - all I believe are used.

Got 3 bags of lug nuts.

Still sorting through tubs.

BUT THERE ARE 2 924 NA CARS IN ONE OF THE LOCAL SALVAGE YARDS - MIGHT BE ABLE TO PULL SOME PARTS IF ANYONE NEEDS THEM.
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm the part numbers on the clutch disc, pressure plate, and flywheel? Also, I may be interested in the rear axles (the half shafts complete with CV joints on both ends).
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure when I get home I will check everything. I know its a Sachs, but on the rest of it, not a clue till I can get my fingers on it.

Man it has rained every evening for days, Cant get much done on the car in the rain, love the rain, but hate not working on the car. Will post the information when I get home.
gohim  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in the clutch set (disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing) if you can confirm that it's for a 944/924S.

How many miles on the engine?

What do you want for the clutch set including the shipping to Rialto, CA 92376?

What would you want for the engine?

Send me a PM.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the clutch and pressure plate - here is what is on them:

Clutch 1875 066 531
Pressure Plate TYP OMF 2225 & 3032055099

I will get picture of them laid out. I can't say they are new - but darn sure don't look very used, except for patina building up from them sitting around. I will clean them up. get the dust and what not off and take pictures.

I was going to part out the engine and before I would sell it I would want to take the head off and inspect everything. It is running, well was till I pulled the DME. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have issues.

Sure I could sell it as is, but I wouldn't want someone to get it and then get mad that it needs something. When it was running I didn't hear any knocking, but it did sound like one of the lifters might be sticking when you first start it up.

I have some stuff to pack up and ship out tomorrow and I hope after work I can get a lot done pulling other bits.

Before I put the DME on ebay does anyone need one?
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Sachs part catalog, the 1878 066 531 part number is the clutch disc for a 924S. The other part number, however, I am not able to find in the catalog.

I'm still interested in the clutch package (disk + pressure plate), so pix would be nice, and I'll also take the DME relay. You have my email and shipping address, just let me know what you want for these items and I'll take care of it today (pressure plate contingent upon positive identification). Thanks!!!
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was late when I posted that, I will check the numbers again. Maybe I am getting them bass ackwards.

I will take pictures too. Packed some stuff up last night. Hope everyone understands if I take a day or two extra in mailing stuff out, between the baby (turns 1 this month), work and weather, its been a little busy on the home front. I think I have been good so far, but just in case thought I would apologize ahead of time. Same thing with pics and number and what not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: