Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hello From Space Coast Parting 87 924S What do you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should I do and what is it worth?
Sell it as is
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Part it out and BTW I call dibbs on__________
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Part out the trans and convert it to a manual
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
It's worthless & fugly please remove the pictures
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

gohim  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point that some people were trying to make is that the car was not worth fixing because it is in such bad condition (primarily the bodywork/chassis). The four wheel disc brake set is probably worth more, and would be easier to sell than a rotten/beat roller, and probably for the same amount of money.

I don't think you are going to find anybody who is interested in the chassis or bodywork.

Speaking as someone who has parted out a few cars (including a 944), I think you should decide on whether you are going to try to sell it as a roller or strip it and dump the chassis, before you remove anything.

By the way, the engine is worth more if it running. Nobody is going to pay you more than scrap value for an engine that does not running, without knowing upfront what is wrong with it. For all we know, the timing belt has jumped or broken, and the engine needs expensive repairs, or is a total with a/some cracked cylinders due to broken valve heads that broke off.

I have been looking for a running 87 or 88 (prefer a 8 engine myself to get my car back on the road, as it has been taking me a long time to get around to finishing the replacement engine for my 87 924S. BUT, I am in CA, so there is no way I am going to buy a condition unknown engine and pay to have it shipped all the way to CA.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Good Advice.

Well then I guess it is settled. I will strip it to the bone and then cut up the body to remove the roof and quarter panels.

I have always agreed it is beyond consideration for repair. But was not sure what would be best to strip it out.

I will sort out the engine soon as I can. I will check the belts and then if need be pull the head and check pistons and valves. I am not selling anyone something I am not sure about.

I can say it was running, I drove it into the back yard. I plan to get it up on Stands tonight and then go from their.

I will take want wish lists from anyone.

Gohim I will go through the motor and see whats what for all I know the timing belt could be the issue - would suck to see that happen right when I parked it? Who knows. But I will confirm it turns over at the very least when I get home and take off the timing belt cover, then go from their.

NOW DO I NEED A NEW THREAD to see what people want? Guess the cars fate is sealed.

Would the roof be something someone would want? Quarter Panels? Hatch?

Oh and for the two guys who are south of me, if you need anything let me know I don't know about delivery, but we might be able to work something out. Be glad to trade for some treasure - it just washes up on the beach down their doesn't it? Hahaha!
tuurbo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gohim is right - the 4 wheel disc setup, complete, would be an instant sell. If it were closer I might even approach 'The Colonel' and ask her if I can buy it myself.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am game - but someone want to tell me what I need to include for the 4 wheel setup - That is what do I need to pull and packaged for a complete setup?

I am not short on Mechanical ability, but am short on what is needed for the swap.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a clue about the weight and part number of the AUTO trans in an 87 924S -

Yes I can weigh it once it's pulled, but could use some idea and also wondering about the part number - is it like the Audi 5 Speed or is it from some other parts bin?
D Hook  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Hook wrote:
I would be interested in the Weber throttle plate. Any pics? Is this for the 2.0 early 924?

Any info on this?
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get some pics, its a Weber Throttle Body and Adapter plate - for the 924. Also seems to be a few Big Bore Audi Throttle bodies and some other misc stuff in the same tub.

I will try and get pictures of it tomorrow. Anyone have an idea of the value?
JayZzzz4  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I would be interested in the interior door panels if they are in good cond. and maybe the dash and center console.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Let me get pictures of the dash console and door panel - as in 1 one is missing the other is their all interior pieces are black, except the seats which have blue center section black exterior. Also have 3 extra seats 2 tan and 1 black - front seats that is.

I am sure the dash is cracked they all are, but I will pull the dash cover and take pics.
!tom  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Hook wrote:
D Hook wrote:
I would be interested in the Weber throttle plate. Any pics? Is this for the 2.0 early 924?

Any info on this?

It's an S, so no. It says so quite clearly. Please read.
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like there might be extra parts bouncing around, so I think the question of the applicability of the Weber TB is a valid one...
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
D Hook  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!tom wrote:
D Hook wrote:
D Hook wrote:

Any info on this?

It's an S, so no. It says so quite clearly. Please read.

But I did. I guess you didn't see the original post with the reference to other parts. Just wanted to clarify the application, since I couldn't recall Weber making a throttle plate for the 2.5 motor. I wouldn't have expressed interest in the part, since he's made it clear he's selling an "S" model.

Your apology is accepted.
D Hook  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragenruin wrote:
I will get some pics, its a Weber Throttle Body and Adapter plate - for the 924. Also seems to be a few Big Bore Audi Throttle bodies and some other misc stuff in the same tub.

I will try and get pictures of it tomorrow. Anyone have an idea of the value?

!tom  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Hook wrote:
[Your apology is accepted. :wink:

Yep -- sorry about that. I don't like how posts can be edited in principle -- makes things like this happen. I never did see this alleged original post -- only posts that mention S parts available.
ragenruin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: WEBER REDLINE PICS Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: