Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

WELCOME NOOBS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FUN2DRV  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all, I purchased an '81 931 last weekend, going to go pick it up tomorrow. The car was owned by the PO since 1987, since 1987 the car has spent its entire life in a garage under a car cover when not in use. PO told me at one point the car was sat in the garage for eight years and never used. It was repainted about three years ago, never finished putting the trim and decals back on. After it was painted he was driving and blew the TB (approx 2 years ago), this was right after he replaced the turbo. The engine bay is currently a wreck, PO pulled the head and had the valve work completed but lost interest (job change, divorce, new girlfriend, etc). I came home last weekend with a couple of bins of engine parts, a full set of factory service manuals, a brand new camshaft, brand new cam followers, gaskets, etc, this car is the proverbial basket case, but I am looking forward to completing the repairs and getting it back on the road.

This car will make a nice addition to my driveway and will keep my 944 company.

I will post some pics tomorrow after I get her home.
FUN2DRV  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got her home, photo's as promised

peterld  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Car!!
Pimp_Daddy_Patty  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!!!

I just joined the board recently. I'm going to look at an '82 924 tomorrow. For the price he's asking, I'm pretty certain I'm going to buy it. Ad says it needs engine work. If it can not be saved I think it may be a good candidate for an engine swap.

Engine swaps and turbos are my drug so I think this 924 will have a good home.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I'm really excited to join this community.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 turbo Ranger??

Pimp_Daddy_Patty  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir. If all works out and I can brave the cold, it should be running for the first time today.

Tamworthbay  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have just bought an 84 924 as a project. I have had 944s in the past and was looking for another when I came across this one at sensible money. It needs some work but is solid in the right places. It needs a new windscreen, a lot of work on the interior - the dash is as badly cracked as I have ever seen. But the most important thing to sort is a fuel leak. The guy I bought it off said it was leaking fuel which I know is a common issue when the tank rusts. When I got it back I put it up on our lift at work but can't see any evidence of a leak anywhere! I don't fancy dropping the tank unless I am sure there is an issue so not sure what to do on that one really. The clutch also bites very low but I am hoping it just needs adjusting. I will get some pics on as soon as I can.
George924S  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

Got a 1988 924S ( UK spec), manual in guards red in late 2012. Car is in Greece at the moment where I am. I have seen some familiar users in the forum here from elsewhere and i have already made a couple of posts about things I am after etc. Anyways, look forward to participate in 924 discussions , help in any way i can though my 924 knowledge is pretty limited and more focused on rare useless original porsche only parts i seem to accumulate ( BBS bodykit, wooden interior, phone armrest etc )
kuhdad17  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: hello hello Reply with quote

Just purchased a 1978 924 NA last week. I've been lurking for a while, reading the obligatory CIS information, among many other things. Will start a thread with some information and my "build" here soon... working on planning out what I need and what I want (and what I want but is probably pointless) for now.

Styleloco  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i'm Lucas from Poland, and this is my 86' 924S

morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool car Lucas, welcome.
procyon  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello just about my first post here.
I have been lurking around since I purchased a 81 924 with a broken odometer in June. Car has multiple issues including but not limited to smashed windshield, both plugs removed from engine area so there was a massive leak, some weird fuel issue above 3000 rpm, doors that don't open from the outside, PO butchered electrics (including an Alpine alarm system that I have no information about) and seats rusted in place. And it leaks oil.

But the body is straight and compression is 140 to 155 so there is hope.
And there is a smile on my face when I do get to drive it and I am glad I bought it.
I expect there will be many questions as I sort this thing out
2021 Maxda CX-30
Glemon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my 10 POS 924, picked it up in Cheyenne, Wyo., and drove back to Lincoln, NE. About 450 miles. Here is a very flattering pic. It has dents and dings all over, but it got me home. I am currently working on the cheap easy stuff like intake leaks, already got it the idle down from way variable 1400-1900 to around 1000 rpm, so good start.

Looks like I can't post a pic straight from my phone, I will need to post them up to my photo bucket account and get them on here later.
Munky  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there everyone.
Another newbie to the world of toofahs
I have to admit, I had no idea what the.... 'Toofahs' were. Took a while for the penny to drop! DOH!

I almost pulled the trigger on a 924S over Christmas, procrastinated for a day and missed it
So now the hunt is on!

I'm looking for something cool to drive and get my hands dirty with on the days when these just won't cut it...

I've had a thing for P cars since I was learning to drive over thirty(cough cough) years ago. I've recently had a couple of 912s but parts ended up becoming too much (for what they were worth IMHO) because of the 'bubble'.

I think the 924 is a real classic in the wings and can still be found at a reasonable price for a reasonable car.

I know it's going to seem a little slower than my daily (STi) but there's just so much more to having fun with a car!

Any hints to finding a nice 5 lug '24 welcome.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a 924s. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: