Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 Video iRacing League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you own GT Legends?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, you suck, therefore you quit?
Khal  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Also there is NOBODY that can tell me that a 914/6 understeers into a fence at 50 Kilometers per hour without any throttle applied nomatter how hard/fast you turn the wheel...

Setup is all-important. I have found that with the default setups, all the cars are s l o w and handle like pigs. Also, setup must change appropriately for each track... what works well at, say, Monza, will not be suitable for Spa-Francorchamps.

morghen wrote:
...NOBODY in this world that can tell me how wide/narrow that Nuerburgring circuit is because i've been on it and its not what it is in this game.

Seeing as I have never been to the Nürburgring for real, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. The downloadable version of the track for GT Legends may not be perfect. But I've watched many in-car videos of laps of that track and the GT Legends version at least seems to follow the flow of the track pretty closely (I've been told the version in the latest PlayStation Gran Turismo game is a very accurate model of the track).
As a side note, I remember watching a Top Gear episode where Jeremy Clarkson does laps of Laguna Seca in an NSX in Gran Turismo on the PlayStation, then goes out and races the actual car around the actual track. As I recall it, he was impressed with accuracy of the simulation in the game but as you'd expect, he was at pains to point out that a computer game is nothing like the real thing...
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the point...i've set the damn thing to oversteer and it would not put the tail out under acceleration but it understeers like a front engined car...ok its a mid engined car but still....i'll give it some more shots before i leave it for dead.
Khal  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
thats the point...i've set the damn thing to oversteer and it would not put the tail out under acceleration but it understeers like a front engined car...

OK, ignore this if you already know, but it's something I didn't realise when I first started playing...

When you're 'in the garage', at the bottom-right of the screen, there's the set of sliders called 'understeer/oversteer handling', 'soft/hard suspension' and 'short/tall gearing' that make basic changes to the setup of the car. Ignore these sliders!

Below the sliders, there's a wrench icon. Click that and it'll take you to the detailed setup screen. This is where you want to make changes. I can't suggest a setup for the 914 'cause I haven't really raced it much and haven't played with the setup. However, if you get online you can download other peoples setups for the various tracks. It's a good way to start. I know Rasta has some pretty good setups for the 914 on various tracks so check with him, he can probably guide you as to how to set it up.

And a word of advice, if you're not using a full analog gamepad or proper wheel, forget it, you're not gonna enjoy the game...
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i figured that the sliders are shit and made my changes in the detail screen...lower front tire pressures...stiff rear end anti roll bar...etc etc i wanted the tail to come out and play and i guess that if i had a decent wheel it would but on the laptop keyboard...as you mentioned...i'm not enjoying it....i'll try to get a wheel this next week.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a hint. You don't randomly alter tire pressures because it sounds like a good idea, especially on the 914, which is extremely sensitive to setup changes. Tire pressures should only be adjusted after running a few hot laps and checking temps across the tread, and AFTER making all other adjustments. Over/understeer is managed with springs, sway bars, camber and toe.

And, Khal is right. . .enjoying this game with the keyboard as a controller would be utterly impossible.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great add-on track we'll be running: Cadwell Park.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RACES SCHEDULED

DATES/TIMES:

Wednesday, August 27, 0200 UTC
Thursday, August 28, 0200 UTC

TRACKS:

Cadwell, Zolder, Donington Nat'l
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*BUMP*

Racing tonight!!
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for mine in the mail!...then I'll be joining you.

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRST ROUND RESULTS - CADWELL (7 laps):
  • Rasta, Khal, MikesCoupeGT
  • Khal takes pole, Rasta (+.3), Mike (+2.2)
  • Rasta takes the checker, Khal (+10), Mike (+14)
It was a BLAST. I was 3rd into T1 on lap one, then adrenaline took over (for Khal and Mike). They were both off by T6.

Midrace, I spun in the difficult 'granny's driveway' section, and Khal got back ahead of me for a half lap. I got him back, and held the lead till checker. Mike and Khal had a close battle for second.

Three countries were represented in this one, so far the US is the team to beat. Join us!

Last edited by Rasta Monsta on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Khal  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno why but I thought Mike won it in the white car... dunno what planet I was on I was battling with you the whole time, Rasta?

Looks like the Olympic medal tally... USA, Australia, Canada

What's the scoring system?
morghen  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i still suck at this game...as i dont have a wheel...but i'm working on getting a good one soon !
MikesCoupeGT  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was some good racing last night. I wish I could have run the other races. Khal and I had a great run on the first lap and made a pretty good start to jump Rasta off the line but adrenaline did take me out when I got the lead. The last 3 laps were a lot of fun as I was hunting down Khal.

Cant wait for the next one.

Mike K
Khal  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Mike and Khal had a close battle for second.

MikesCoupeGT wrote:
The last 3 laps were a lot of fun as I was hunting down Khal.

Yeah! I was sweating it 'cause at the time I thought it was Mike in front and Rasta behind... and Rasta has this nasty habit of lapping a second a lap faster than me! Only two laps to go and I could see this yellow RSR looming large in my rearview...

It wasn't adrenaline that took me out on the first lap, I made the classic mistake of gleefully watching Mike spin out and not paying attention to where I was going... so, with a big stupid grin on my face, I immediately followed him straight into the weeds. D'oh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: