Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Franco Cam Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, can you still use the stock timing chain cover with the Franco?
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cbass- well, the only way the stage 3 would be streetable is with the franco cam gear --or-- at least 11:1 pistons.

numbers- I suppose I could but that was just extra weight. Since I am the only one that works under the hood of my car I know where to go and what not to touch =)

Well, my gear will be in tomorrow... I fixed the oil leak!!! YEAH!! Had to let the oil burn off the header though... that took about 5 minutes... after that though the car doesn't burn any more oil!! YEAH!! I am so happy.. now if only we wouldn't get that bloody snow reports... yes, it's May and we are going to get snow up here in Minnesota...

I want to drive my Porsche... Thankfully I wasn't driving it today. A guy hit me at a stop light in my Saturn.... my winter baby. My Saturn is not stock either... I have done some mod's to it that make it smoke VW VR6's and Taurus SHO's and Monte Carlo SS's... well, I could go on and on.... I should just put a sticker of the name of the car I creamed on the side of my car like they did with airplanes that were downed in WW II...

Yeah, now your talkin!

- Jon

(I don't have enough room to do that on the Porsche though, sorry guys) =)
Cbass  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying with 11:0 pistons AND the cam gear, that it would be civil enough to drive without stalling? I am not concerned in the least with noise levels or emissions btw.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBass,

Yeah... 11:1 you would be fine...

Even at 10:0:1 you could drive it but it would lack a lot of lower end power... With the Franco cam gear it makes up for it somewhat....

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
Cbass  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick being, the 924 I am buying already has 10.5-11:1 compression... $300 for the cam you say?

BTW, your website crashed my system
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashed your system?! Is that all?!

I found the problem for that and when I update my site it will fix it... I need the webmaster to update my link on the links page and then we will be good to go.

- Jon

Cbass  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have crazy plans for a 5 cyl swap in the future, but for now, I am going the route of the 4 cyl.

This motor so far has high compression pistons, and no emissions equipment. I plan a P&P, new cam, DIS and custom intake and exhaust.

I want as hot a cam as I can get without stalling on the street. Right now the car has a snailshell, but that is going, in favour of a 944 tranny.
JvGinPDX  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up the Franco wed site, only thier phone number is not current, and the site was not updated since 1997. Who has their phone number?
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(858) 755-4491

JvGinPDX  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jon, do you know what the effect of the Franco unit and/or cam would have on emmissions? I will still need to pass them here.
JvGinPDX  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, thanks for the phone number. But it is for the residence of an S. Stahl. What is the proper phone number. I want to order the Franco while I still can. How do I reach them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: