Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

rust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltgland  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fully galvanised 924, but after 17 years, they are a few spots of rust on the edges. Whats the best way to treat it?
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sand all the rust off. You can treat the spot with a galvanizing liguid. If you need the name I will look in the garage for it.
If the rust area is not visible as the inside of the rear fender I would paint it with POR15. Go to there site and then ask for a catalog. Read it and I think you will like what you read.
If the rust is bad cut out all the rust and weld a patch on it. Cover with Bondo or polyester type bondo sand and then paint.

If you go to my car on this site 1979 you will notice that I removed my round side markers. Filled in the holes and I did it exactly the way I told you above. It came out nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: