Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 exhaust install questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KELSO924  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking into getting a Bursch header/exhaust system, and I'm just wondering, is it direct bolt on, or are there fabs to be made?

I'm only interested if the exhaust is direct bolt on, cause shops in my town are SPENDY!!!!

Also, will an aftermarket exhaust get rid of those annoying ars exhaust rattles? I'm going catless if I get one, and my cat heat-shield is ratlling like a maniac!

Thanks a lot, guys...
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first up, try the search. The link is in the upper right of the page.

Here's on of the discussions that included thoughts about Bursch headers http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?topic=221&forum=1
jamez  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kelso, i live about a half an hour north of you, small world.. i have a bursch header, it is a direct bolt on but its a tight fit, and mine didn't line up exactly right, so it was a bitch. make sure you get a ceramic coated header, mine isnt.. I wrapped it with header wrap but supposedly header wrap is bad, I dont know but they get really f---ing hot and they needed some sort of heat sheilding...
gohim  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good, cheap documented exhaust upgrade that will add 8-10 hp for cheap money is a swap to the 944/924S exhaust. Two people who rase or run shops mentioned this to me, and it can be done very easily, and cheaply.

All you need is the combination collector/cat and the "final muffler" (the bolt-on setion to the rear of the cat) from a 944, and the muffler hangers from a 931/944/924S. Remove the original 924 "final muffler and cat. Install the 944 parts. Cut the flange from the front of the car adapter pipe that bolts onto the collector, cut the 944 collector where it will line up with the 924 collector flange, and weld-on the 924 cat adapter

Now you still have an original Porsche exhaust system. You can upgrade by installing 944 final muffler systems from aftermarket suppliers, you now have a better breathing exhaust system, still have that Porsche sound, and now, more power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: