Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

MORE clutch problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky522  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe this but i am having more clutch problems. I fixed the reason the clutch wouldent come back up, the throw out bearing unclipped on one side and bound up. Now i got the whole thing back together and i go to take it for a ride and when i release the clutch about twothirds of the way down the car groans and lunges (tries to die) cause the clutch all of a suddden engages... I could use any help!!!

MArk
edd1em  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the work you just did was useless. An example: If your tire popped due to a fender that was rubbing against it and all you did was replace the tire with out bending the fender back, then you will have to replace the tire again and again until you finally fix the fender. Basicaly this is what you did. Next time you start pulling shit apart, make sure you find out why the throw out bearing unclipped, ie:is there pressure on it from one side, is the tranny sideways, is your clutch worn and wobbly I bet all you did was see the bearing, ran down to your parts store and got a new one, popped it back in and voila, it still doesnt work.
marky522  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input. this is my fourth time having it apart, its a brand new clutch assembly and throw out bearing different bellhouse different clutch cable with spacer due to it stretching. but no, i have yet to fix the fender.

ANYWAYS...on a brighter note: I fixed some of the problem, i mentioned above how I used the spacer on the clutch cable. I used a rubber spacer which would compress and then caused the jump. I replaced the rubber spacer with a metal spacer and now it doesn't do it as bad.

Mark
edd1em  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows your tire? I was drunk.
Joes924  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish i was there to slap you around a bit(ha) then hold your hand and walk you through it all .. alas thats impossable so listen to someone closely and follow directions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: