Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

aussie custom shop engine/trans adaptors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbass  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good idea, I think I'll try that. I want to try a 1.8T swap, so we'll see.

If you can fabricate the mounts, and have enough clearance, it'll work.
Cbass  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good idea, I think I'll try that. I want to try a 1.8T swap, so we'll see.

If you can fabricate the mounts, and have enough clearance, it'll work.
jimgregory  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a stock '95 Camaro V-6 (with Computer) in a '77 924. It's drive-able, but not yet registered. You guys want to know about this swap (or similar) give me a whistle.
wdb  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell us a litttle bit about the install, what was difficult, where did you get the custom parts ,have you noticed any vibrations ETC.
wdb  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it turns out that the vw vr6 motor was an option in the 95-99 FORD galaxy MPV ( mini-van ) and since ford products have a resale value much lower than VW these motors might be had for little money the newer models had a 190 HP version of the vr6 the older ones were I think 160 with higher torque to pull the heavy van . however it has not been established if the vr6 is an easy swap ( bolt in ).
Cbass  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the motor mounts would be in the wrong place, but the clutch should hook up to the torque tube... My concern there would be is there enough room in the NA bellhousing... You might need to scavenge a 944 bellhousing.

I decided to hell with the 1.8T, it's too expensive and the 924 motor is too strong to give up on.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Cbass why don't you get a second 924 and drop the 1.8t into it
hakefisherman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since everyone is on the subject, no one has brought up the Audi 5000 motor. Would it be an easy swap? What kind of power comes out of them? I had a turbo in high school and it was a powerful car, but my 79 924 was quicker. (I raced them with a friend driving the Audi) How would that motor perform in a way lighter car?
Cbass  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a thread earlier on the 5 cylinder, especially the later S car spec 20V turbo... They make 258lbft at 1950 rpm... They are very similar to the 1.8 turbo in design, but are set up for a longitudinal install.

I have a few pics of a 10V 5 cylinder in a 924 from a guy in Sweden...

wdb  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it took me awhile, but I found a company that makes an adaptor plate to mate a 924 engine to a vw bellhousing ( they should be able to reverse it ,vw VR6 engine to 924 bell housing) only trouble is the co. is in S.africa . anyone in that time zone wanna give em a call to see if and how much . the 10 second lag is real annoying .

page that list the plate .
http://www.giloeng.com/adapterparts.htm

main page
http://www.giloeng.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: