Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Selling Your Car
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ban ThomasJoseph315
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

SlayerSST  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Selling Your Car Reply with quote

ThomasJoseph315 you overpriced your car.

Its a good car but no one is going to pay you more than 1k for a salvaged title 924.

Just giving some advice, not saying that your car is pos.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4721130080.html

Last edited by SlayerSST on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, looks pretty straight. I could see it upwards of $2k pretty easily.
ThomasJoseph315  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have an offer for $3,100, and that was only posted a few hours ago. I'm not selling it yet,.. I'm going to wait a bit to see what other offers are.

The only reason the car has a salvaged title is because the original engine blew due to a blown radiator. Both of those are replaced. There is ZERO structural damage.
kcoyle  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasJoseph315 wrote:
I already have an offer for $3,100, and that was only posted a few hours ago. I'm not selling it yet,.. I'm going to wait a bit to see what other offers are.

FWIW, I find the craigslist/ebay interest peaks at first posting then dies down very quickly. Personally, I'd take the first decent offer and be done with it. Nothing less fun than setting up times to meet craigslisters who constantly reschedule, never show or show and then offer you a Dunkin gift card and a Keith Hernandez jersey for your pride and joy.

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcoyle wrote:
craigslist/ebay interest peaks at first posting then dies down very quickly. . .I'd take the first decent offer and be done with it

+10
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with asking more.
Car looks good, nice picture in the ad.

Text in the ad has some weird bits but thats actually good so only guys that are really interested in the car would respond to a bit weirdly written ad.

Good luck with the sale !
pcelenta  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kkoyle wrote "never show or show and then offer you a Dunkin gift card and a Keith Hernandez jersey for your pride and joy"

as a Met's fan that had me on the floor. but it is so true...unless you've got some really rare car ebay cars seem to rarely hit more than a wholesale value...not even trade in value. Craigs is more a hit if you are a buyer...when I've put a car up for sale there every bottom feeder comes out and nigerian advanced fee scammer.
ThomasJoseph315  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had to word everything very carefully for several reasons. There is a market I am actually trying to target and by putting in the writing the way I did, you can read between the lines that I don't want to deal with bottom feeders who are majority Mexican who will just strip the car and crush it for metal.

I'm actually aiming for the more wealthy folks out in Malibu, Beverly hills, Pasadena. LA is weird, if I was back east I wouldn't be asking for this much, but the cost of living here is higher and people are used to paying at least $2,000 for a car that passes smog. Salary's around here are typically double of what the rest of the country is because how expensive it is to live in this town. Plus, it's a Porsche, not a Honda,...

Anyway,.. Like I said, I am not in a hurry to sell it. I'm going to hit up more car shows now that the weather is getting nicer. I want to sell it to someone who has money to burn, mechanically inclined and has a garage to work on it, someone like me. I will not sell this car to just anyone, i don't care how much money they have in their pockets. Asking a higher price is fine cause you can always go lower. But it's harder to start a convo and go higher after.
SlayerSST  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasJoseph315 wrote:
I actually had to word everything very carefully for several reasons. There is a market I am actually trying to target and by putting in the writing the way I did, you can read between the lines that I don't want to deal with bottom feeders who are majority Mexican who will just strip the car and crush it for metal.

"Mexicans" and people looking for their first car are the only ones that are going to buy your pos car because they don't understand what salvage means.

Here in LA "wealthy folk" know their cars. They are not stupid enough to buy a salvaged title car; specially a 924 N/A.

Hopefully your car doesn't sell you bigot.
jason c  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlayerSST wrote:
ThomasJoseph315 wrote:

"Mexicans" and people looking for their first car are the only ones that are going to buy your pos car because they don't understand what salvage means.

Here in LA "wealthy folk" know their cars. They are not stupid enough to buy a salvaged title car; specially a 924 N/A.

Hopefully your car doesn't sell you bigot.

1977 curb weight= 2400#, scrap steel=$250/ton. Even "bottom feeding mexicans" can do the math.
kcoyle  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasJoseph315 wrote:
bottom feeders who are majority Mexican

Dude, for real? I'm audi 5000.

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasJoseph315 wrote:
bottom feeders who are majority Mexican

Wow. Just wow. SMH.

Glad you're leaving. Take the money and run for the border.
nickthompson  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas is an idiot and a liar but he's too damn entertaining to get rid of.
jason c  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickthompson wrote:
Thomas is an idiot and a liar but he's too damn entertaining to get rid of.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll post plenty of ingnorant comments on his outlaw Facebook page for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: