Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Attention Prospective Members: New Signup Process
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badlad69er  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this site is brilliant you people are brilliant i have learnt soo much just from reading your posts and have high respect for the person in control A+ (good job) as hancock would say lol
Herman Munster  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Activation Reply with quote

Hi everyone : My name is Herman I live Vancouver ,British Columbia,Canada
I belong to a few forums so the activation process wasn't that bad here (forgot to put where I was from though LOL) I bought a 1980 924 2dr cpe from a friend of mine 3 or 4 years ago . It had an exhaust leak that would gas the driver out .So we pulled the motor out and I found a manifold and my friend changed it .Then put the motor back in it's home . The installation was never completed for the lack of under body shielding hard to do on the ground so it sat and waited till my friend built a new shop and we installed a nice 2 post hoist. Then we started working on the shielding ,starter, alternator and then stopped working on the car as my friend came down with cancer while building the new shop and I was busy working making a living so little was getting done. My friend passed away in Sept. 2010 it's now Dec. and have got the car home (still not running) it needs the radiator fans put back in and the fuel injection put back on ,and distributor put back in and I don't know what else .I'm not a Porsche mechanic by any means . I have mostly worked on American cars most of my life (changing motors,trannys, and tune-ups brake jobs that sort of thing) I was talking to one of our customers at the PC shop where I work and he turned me onto Pelican parts and from there I found this forum .There has been a lot of work done to the electrical system of the car and has a lot of new parts on it .But as I was reading some posts here I was reading about a problem starting when cold or not running for awhile ,(there was some trick my friend was to show me how to start it but never got to showing me ) so now it's winter and will have to wait till it warms up then put the car back together .I know I'm going to need some help and most likely some parts as well . I figure this is the place for me . Sorry for being so long winded . Herman
ThomasJoseph315  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been there before when I ran a Star Trek Online Forum. The thing that solved it for me was adding a question that if you where a real star trek fan you knew right away. I used "What was Data's cat named?" So something similar like "Who made the original 924 engine?". If your a spammer you would say Porsche, when in fact it was an VW/Audi engine. This way even if someone didn't know they could at least Google it. PhpBB boards unfortunately are free so as such they are targeted because how widely used they are, hackers actually make bot programs for them so stay up on the security updates.
coldwarvet  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Intro of a noob Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Hank and I have a general background in the Porsche brand dating back to well, I won't date that...but my first Porsche was a '68 911S euro spec targa 190 hp...wish I had it today!
I have currently been finishing a project I wasn't sure i would be able to do...making a proper roadster out of a 931...I like to feel it is the car it always should have been, back in that day when the rear was short and the hood was long.
I REALLY like your site and it has been most helpful during the conversion of a car that I regard as most mysterious to the uninitiated........and the initiated!
Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JLWturbo  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for not allowing spammers/scammers, a lot of sites just get overrun. I appreciate the information here and look forward to learning more about these interesting vehicles.
2014 Ford Escape 2.0 Turbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: