Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My Porsche at an AutoCross
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, this was it... The test of how well my car is doing (and me) after not driving and autocrossing it for almost a year and a half.

I didn't feel I did that good, but I didn't feel like I got slowest time of day either... I coulda shoulda woulda done better if I had more seat time but this is a whole new car! The thing sticks to the ground so ridiculously that I can corner on George Washington's nose on a quarter...

I did not expect to get first place this time--- I actually thought I would be the last on the list-- especially with the new competition that has come into my class. I am up against TONS of VW's and even an Opel GT with a 2.4 liter stroked engine to it...

My driving skills will improve enough to go up at least one hopefully by the next event because where I stand right now isn't bad... but I can do a whole lot better...

WANT TO SEE THE RESULTS? Go here:

http://www.mnautox.com/mowog401.htm

Now, my car number is 11 and I am in EP for my class

I at least beat the boxster... I shoulda beat the 911

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, find out what class they put a 931 in.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C Stock...

unless you have mod's

- Jon

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
John Mueller  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is up with that Metro! And I am sad to see that the only Saturn there was slow. Congrats on beating the Boxsters! Here they race about two miles from my house, so I will post results when I race, which will be soon... I have the racing itch. I raced karts for three years but it has been too long.... Ahhhhh.... I need to race!
bacook  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John: are you going to run at the Texas Spokes events at Retama Park, or is it a SA SCCA or PCA group? I am in Austin, so let me know what events you're going to drive at and I'll bring my car.
John Mueller  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retama Park. I used to race at Brooks in my Saturn. The 924 is still a virgin though to the tracks. Have you raced in Austin, with Brian Capo I think is his name? Have you ever seen the R/C car races? Glad to find another owner that is close.
bacook  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John: I sent you an e-mail with more info.
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man you guys are lucky that you get all these racing affiliated things close..i have nothing racing related even close to me...i would love to race karts and especially my car if i didn't have to drive halfway around the world.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yOnKiNaToR,

I find that very hard to believe. OK, so Montrose, PA might seem a long way from somewhere else but you got people, cars, car clubs, race tracks (I presume all these, I have to admit that I've never been to Montrose - how's the fishing?).

I think this would be a very good discussion topic and we might be able to get Vaughan to add it into the FAQ. I'll post a starter in the General Discussions and see where it goes.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No racing in PA, you gotta be kidding me. Sure there is, you just haven't found it yet. Racers are well known to be very secretive groups.

For one, looks to me like you're within a 3-hr tow of The Glen...

Have you looked into SCCA and NASA's websites???

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i mean something is in my "area" i'm talking within a short drive without packing up for a long haul...yes, i'm near pocono, watkins glen, and places like this..but i have to travel for 2-4 hours to get anywhere. also, i'm 17 years old and my parents dont like the idea of long drives with a Porsche if you guys can understand that. and none of my friends even own a car let alone could go with me so it's even harder to try to get my parents to let me go by myself.
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and btw, the fishing, hunting, trapping, everything else is really good. we are a hick town so we see all sorts of critters rollin' 'round. i almost hit a fox the other day in fact. gotta love good ole Porsche brakes.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, put it this way - you don't want to drive your car to the track if you're racing it. A good weekend (at the race track) is defined as one where you can drive the car onto the trailer at the end of the weekend! So far, I've had nothing but...

Realize, of course, that I'm talking about racing, not track days.

A 3-hr tow is decent and typical; less than 2 and you're really lucky. Besides, you're going to want to race on more than one track!

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Body Shop Rob  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yonkinator, Get your folks to go to the races with you. There is no drinking or drugs at these events and it could be a good day out for the family. A two or three hour drive each way is not much if you rent a U-Haul dolly or trailer. Do well in school and maybe they will reward you.
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you also don't know my family...we dont' travel..in fact, never went on a vacation. my dad is an alcohol who doesn't do stuff with me and my mom won't travel unless someone else drives or plans it out so i'd have to do it and getting my mom to go would be hard. i can try. :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: