Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

MSDS Headers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisoc  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone dispute the claims made by msds that their headers will give a minimum 14% horsepower gain. That would be 21 hp on a stock 924s. Sounds too good to be true.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that they do work well for a 944/924S. However, I have also heard that the Stahl header flows better still and will produce a little more than the MSDS. The drawback is the cost - the Stahl is about $600. Of course, if you're racing and a header is one of the few things you can legally do, it's worth it! YMMV...

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Mich924S  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the MSDS headers need to be welded in? I think they do but checking.
chrisoc  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they hahe a reducer plate that needs to be welded in to the rest of the exhaust system. But I plan on using a larger diameter pipe from the header to the borla muffler which has a 2.75" inlet
baker87  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a msds header and ended up taking it back off. There is too many modifications that I like to do. Instead, I kept the original header on it(due to carbon build up) and bought a test pipe(which eliminates the catalytic converter) and a performance muffler all from Bursch. It was cheap and resulted in greater horsepower along with a more throtty sound.

baker87
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: