Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Clear Marker and turn signal lights what do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CLEAR LENS - I THINK --->
I HATE THEM - HOW STUPID
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
LOVE IT - COOLNESS
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
WTF ARE YOU SELLING NOW
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
WHATEVER
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
UNDECIDED
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
RICE! YUCK!
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

ESC944  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Clear Marker and turn signal lights what do you think? Reply with quote

Ok I posted a poll.

I thought about putting this under body - but since its about products and well I dont want it to be another bitch fest over commercial posts I am posting here in the"Wanted/For Sale" area.

My thoughts about something I like and am thinking about putting on my car with different bulbs of course.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I like clear lights, including modz to the tail lights.

Of course their can be issues in a give state or country. In any case I know that Paragon and others import the lights from overseas, I however have found someone in the US who does this.

From what I have seen they retail at 132.00 for turn signals and 113.00 for side markets for the 944, searching around, most of the places I called including Paragon, didnt have them in stock, not much demand they said - wonder if thats the look or the price.

Yet ebay has the side marker lights for under 46 + 15 for the 944 of course...

Anyway here is an email I recieved from one vendor concerning 924 lights and of course they already carry 944 and 928 lights and have "better prices". Might be able to parlay it into lens for the Tail lights... Would love all red or maybe all clear on top and red on the bottom... course their was someone on rennlist once upon a time who did the lens for tail lights...

Quote:

Hi West,

We currently carry clear lenses for the 928 and 944. We have the following
products.

1978-1986 928 Clear Turn Signal
1987-1995 928 Clear Turn Signal
1987-1995 928 Clear Side Makers
1989-1991 944 S2 1986-1989 944 Turbo (951) Clear Turn Signal

We could work with you to produce side markers or early turn signals. For distributors we ask for orders of 10 sets minimum, atleast to start with.

We would also be interested in creating new products with you for the 924,
audi, vw or for any other models. We are especially interested in products
not carried by any other vendors. All we need is a set of oem lenses in
good condition. We only produce the lenses, no full assemblies. If you are
intersted in getting some quotes for new products, send us some pictures of the lenses and their dimensions and we can get back to you with a quote.

As far as stock we usualy dont carry much of a stock, we just produce on
demand. We can usualy produce around 5 sets of each type of lenses weekly.

Basically you cut off your old lens with a sharp knife and then glue the replacements on. Of course the screws that go through the lens when securing the light assembly also help to keep it all snug.

Result is(pics from vendors websites with permission):

I like them - I think I am going to do the 944, and likely the 924 Turbo and 924S.

I am asking for opinions, not just if you want to buy them. We carry the 28 and 44 bits, we are looking at other areas, like the 924 Round lights.

Since I carry them and we are associated with the parent company -
Disclaimer -
The purpose of this post is not to solicit sales.

No this isnt a sales pitch - but since it is something we sell I put it here. That way no one complains I am drumming up sales or some such. If you want them, you know we carry them. Lets here you thoughts and comments.

"I want to discuss the appeal of such modifications, since I like them and think they are cool... without being ricey."

So consider the purpose from the "WANTED" perspective. I wanted them, now I have access to them. But not for the 924 yet.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that legal? I thought the colour was a must? Anywho, I think it would be alright for sure, although I'd check into it forst.

Neil
Llamaguy  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that you just have to have the colored bulbs then.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those turn indicators on the 924/early 944 front bumper look good.

Don't have side markers / repeaters on the 924s down here which is a good thing. I personally prefer the rear light array the way it is.

Learn to love your multimeter and may the search be with you
WhoDak  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ones on the turn signal for the early 944/924 bumper, those look pretty sharp, and I be they'd look real nice on a euro bumper. As far as side markers on a US model I'm undecided, I'd have to see a picture of it it just seems strange, they're a big funky shape anyways. The rear lights I love the way the are.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would go through the trouble for the difference but it shouldn't look bad at all. Go for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: