Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Flex dams...hype?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automotion sells a flex dam for the 924. It attaches, I assume, to the front valence and is made of rubber. Will these things actually give downforce? Do they look like heck? Or what?
wdb  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bottom edge of snow plows are rubber,so they dont catch the egde of a sewer plate. it will work if its stiff enough. make your own,take a jig ( reciprocating saw ) saw, to an old truck tire,and stiffen it with gussets ( triangle of rubber )siliconed to the back of the dam. some sheet metal screws and over sized washers and your in business.
they produce a low pressure area under the car by blocking the air from getting under the car. the higher pressure air above the car produces the down force.

[ This Message was edited by: wdb on 2002-01-21 01:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: wdb on 2002-01-21 01:24 ]
924_fan  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that the real question is at what speed are they effective?
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody own one of these and have pictures of one? i kinda wonder if they even look good. the pictures i have seen of them are usually black and white or low quality so you really can't tell how good they look.
JvGinPDX  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on my 924 that the P.O. put on. I do not have pictures or know who made it. It looks good, like something that the factory put on. It is made of black rubby plastic and has an air dam built into it. it is low enough to hit the concrete oparking lot dividers, but does not get damaged by them.
wdb  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if installing a second air dam at the base of the fire wall,and wrapped around the sides of the car will increase the low pressure under the car and improve downforce
wdb  

I wonder if installing a second air dam at the base of the fire wall,and wrapped around the sides of the car will increase the low pressure under the car and improve downforce
wdb  

wdb  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont hit the back button it confuses something
dwak  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A triple posting! Haven't seen that since the old board.
My 924S came with a cute chin spoiler but it was detrimental to cooling air at speed and had to be removed. I think an enlargement of existing dam would be best. The rubbery extension on my old one would blow off at speed.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, WDB, lesser men have tried triple posting deliberately, but failed. You rock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: