Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Engine mounts bad ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alun  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Porsche 924S -86 is having the shakes..
It runs just fine when driving but when idle it shakes quite alot. So I was wondering if its my engine mounts that's gone bad or some thing else?
And if it is the engine mounts are they the same as on the 944? And are they hard to replace with new one's ?

Regards

Andreas
MAS  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be the same as an 86 944. This is a common problem with the whole 944/924 series... and they are not that expensive to replace either. Although mine were replaced on my 87 924S shortly before I bought it, I don't think it cost the previous owner more than about $300 for a mechanic to do the job (I'm sure it can cost less, too).

-MAS
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not that expensive... make sure you shop around. Look in excellence Magazine. I think I have seen them for very good prices there.

Then figure a few hours labor times 2. Though normally the one on the passenger side is the one that fails first.

I have looked at 944S2 mounts and they are not real easy to get at, but I think the 924S and standard 944s are not to difficult to change.

I would do it myself and save a few hundred dollars.

Eric
http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
marky522  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check on E-bay for the mounts, there are always a set on ther for $89. Might save you a few dollars.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: