Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

931 distributor questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my 80 931 at a shop trying to get it started.
The mechanic said it wasnt getting spark.
Well it was getting spark last time i checked it(like 6 months ago).
He said that the ignitor was getting juice and the coil, and that he thought there might be somehting wrong with the Distributor, specifically the Hall sensor.
So i told him id get the distributor of my 81 931, but Im not sure if they are inter changable.
The mechanic mentioned some thing about a plug in on the side of the dizzy, but the one from my 81 doesnt have anything on it.
will it work?

Thanks
Mike
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have different distributors. 931s from 1981 up use a crank sensor (impulse sender) that takes timing signals from the flywheel. Earlier models get timing the old fashioned way, from the distributor. There won't be a hall sensor on the 1981 distributor. Also won't be a vacuum unit on the 1981s' as there is on the 1980s'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: