Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 to 944 Rear Bumper Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kris  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1980 931 that I am wanting convert to a Carrera GT look. But I would like to install the 944 rear bumper assembley with the two bumper end caps the merge into the 944s rear fenders. Has anyone ever attempted this on a 924? I am planning on adding the rear GT style fender flares, but I am curious if the rear bumper end caps will meet up with the fender properly. Any ideas?

Kris
pst  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 944 caps will not work because the rear of the 944 1/4 panels are shaped differently. They extend away from the pinch weld (where the fender attaches behind the 924 rubber bumper end. A nice addition is a European rear bumper. It is molded in one piece.
GP510  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know a good source for the euro bumpers. I would like to fit them to my '87 924S front and rear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: