Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

tranny swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matias  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody make a tranny swap in a 931?? I´m thinking to put a real strong tranny, cause I like burning wheel´s, any ideas??
dwak  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matias,
Based on todays news, burning tyres would be more appropriate in Argentina or is the press exaggerating, again?
el dwako
your counterpart in the northern hemisphere

Matias  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right.....At this time almost everybody in Argentina is burning tyres, but they don´t have to worry about any tranny damage, we have bigger problem´s.
I don´t know ehat are the new´s saying out there, but I can assure there is a local war here. Right now we dont have any president, so we don´t have police, we don´t have an army, we don´t have anything....
What we have is a lot of people with the chance of steeling with total impunity.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, that's pretty scary - hope you, your loved ones, and your car are all well secured...

The tranny in the 931 is the same one as in the 944, remember. Neither are designed for drag-racing and burnouts, so keep a careful watch on your diff bearings and ring & pinion gears... they're the first to go...

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Matias  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the tranny is the same in the 944, but what about the 951?. The swap idea is not for drag racing, I am more looking for a highway performance, but I in the past I have a lot of problems with the stock tranny having the engine completely stock, and I wonder, now I´m looking for some extra performance (not too much, just a little extra boost and may be an MSD or if my budget allow a TEC-2 system)if the original tranny could handle the extra power.
Altough these Is just a dream by the way, the situation here get´s worse any minute, there people getin inside everyone´s home, the bank´s aren´t working, I can´t even buy $150 dollar´s to send to the paragon people so they can send me the gasket I need to re-assembly my engine.
I hope next year, If the thing´s get a little better I could realize my project´s with the car, by now I can only dream and make plan´s, and pray for my security.
dwak  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat,
Post here the exact gasket you need because maybe someone in 924-land has a spare one.

Matias  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwak, thank´s but don´t worry.... the temporary president has say that the bank´s will sell dollar´s on monday, so if I get lucky I could send to paragon the money on the same monday and have it by friday.....
I aprecciate your gest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: