Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Oil Light flashed on briefly when turning sharply
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbers  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If overfilling helps, then the oil is going up the side of the pan. In that case you probably need a better baffle in the pan. I have never had this problem in my '80, and I have never had the pan off, so I don't know how the baffles are designed. But, you would think that if mine works ok, yours would to. In any case, if you decide to run it overfull, take it for a hard run, and then immediately check you oil for bubbles on the dipstick. If youare wipping up any bubbles, then you are not getting adequate lubrication, and cannot run with the overfilled condition.

Troy, how is beautiful Sacto? My second favorite place to live.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overfilling the engine oil is a bad idea as it slows down the crank and also makes the oild frothy and worthless, fix the problem before you engine is hooped
TroyDest  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved! As I suspected, my oil light flickering was caused by a short at the sender. The aluminum firewall heat shield had come loose and was rubbing on one of the connectors whenever I'd accelerate hard or make a left turn. My peace of mind is back now; I can resume testing the limits of the suspension. -Troy
Lizard  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least you didnt have any major damage done to your engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: